I will be honest and dont be mad when I will tell you this:
I would buy it
I really like it and I´ve got a cool little project next week where this theme fits perfect. I hope they will accept it the next days, so I can buy it.
Good luck with it.
When I look into the category “all items” and sort by “date” I´ve got more old themes than new ones on the first site. Its kinda weird
I could use your feedback and comments about my newest template, PixelRobots. Let’s get the links and preview first;
And Read me file: http://themeforest.jannek.fi/read_me/pixelrobots
It was on hold for three days and then Kailoon rejected it;
This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria
Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this template. Unfortunately, due to our high standards, your template has been declined.
1) This is not aesthetic ready for psd template category. For your information, the standards for PSD Template category is high compare to other categories. We need something really stunning, creatives and unique in terms of design, graphics and flow.2) For example: http://themeforest.net/item/bvd-beautiful-website-design/38497 http://themeforest.net/item/brandmedia-modern-psd/109445 http://themeforest.net/item/webpoint-business-template-psd/115814 http://themeforest.net/item/shine-awesome-psd-template/140368
3) This is more suitable for site template category and has the potential to get accepted as site template. I recommend to directly convert this into HTML /CSS and re-submit.
4) It may required some improvements before get accepted under site template.
I don’t want to sound like an asshole, but I don’t agree with Kailoon – so I could use your feedback to open my eyes, is it really that bad or what?
It looks nice, but it has not enough unique elements to fit perfect into the PSD category. Code it as a HTML or Wordpress theme and it will be accepted in one run.
Good luck with it.
Nice design, but I will be honest with you. I dont think its a good idea to make it for the PSD category only or first. Its really a cool design, but it will be never a top seller in this category. As a HTML or Wordpress theme it will be sell well – believe me.
I think this design is good enough to be a top seller if there are plenty of other templates included (e.g. contact, portfolio, services, etc.). There is another reason to focus on HTML or Wordpress:
A quick browse through the PSD category shows that even the top seller has only sold 267 copies since 2008 at a price of $10.
The site templates category has a first page of top sellers with nearly 10 times as many sales as their counterparts in the PSD category, at double the price on average.
Wordpress offers nearly double the price and 1.5x the sales for top sellers, so it’s not as big of a jump, especially considering the additional effort involved in programming the admin panel and support requests, and updating it when Wordpress has updates.Mathematically speaking, HTML would seem to be the most profitable for the amount of effort required.
Like I said, code it as HTML or Wordpress version and you will sell well.
Nice design, but I will be honest with you. I dont think its a good idea to make it for the PSD category only or first. Its really a cool design, but it will be never a top seller in this category.
As a HTML or Wordpress theme it will be sell well – believe me.
Good luck with it.
Hi Massix, thank you very much for your feedback. You give me a lot of ideas and good suggestions I changed the images on the header, now i choose 4-5 images more different from the usual stock images. I tryed to make less boring the menu nav and fixed the alignment on the footer. Now i’m going to design the internal page, if you want to leave me others feedback you’re welcome, thank you!!
It looks really better and the images and alignment are now perfect. The navigation doesn´t look boring anymore. Good work and good luck with this theme.
Btw. you and any other guy/girl are allways welcome, when you need some advice for the design. I help everyone except guys like … who allways ask for help and dont change anything
I was wondering, when I saw a link to another marketplace called Mojo Themes, that a lot of the themes look like 1:1 copies of themes of themeforest.net:
[removed competing link]
Is this legal? Maybe Iam not up to date and Mojo Themes is a Envato partner or the authors there some authors of themeforest.net with other names.
It looks good, but nothing special and the PSD category is really tough so you should think about submitting it after coding in the HTML category or integrate the design into Wordpress.
Good luck with it.
I really like it, but you need to improve:
1. The allignment in the footer (the icons, text and form should be as long as the line under the headline is)
2. The seperation between the navigation looks really boring. Try to add something like this http://www.cofamedia.com/#panel-2
3. Change the picture in the slider, this looks like a poor stock and this kind of pictures (like the envato standard pictures) can destroy a good look & feel
The rest is really nice and it has a good chance to be accepted. Good luck with it.
I really don’t want to sound harsh as I know exactly what rejection is like, but I’d rather say how it is, like I would like to be told.
Honestly, I would start over, the theme really does need a LOT of work, hierarchy, vertical rhythm, typography, colors, styling, theme options, just lots to do.
As they say though, all is not lost, practice makes perfect!Scott.
Start with a new theme, look for inspiration, try something really unique or fresh and get it accepted. Then with some time between you can go back to this and maybe improve 80 % to get this accepted, too.