thanks for your replies ! helped me so much .
i love working on the web and design .
- Messing around with programming on Commodore 64
- Microsoft Front Page on Pentium I
- GameMaker on Pentium III (i wish i could find those games i programmed, the GTA2 copy was nice)
- Got serious about webdev, started with HTML and CSS, had some ebooks
- When i figured out the basics of those i started learning from forums and tutorials on the web
- Started doing freelancing on getafreelancer.com
- Found out about jQuery and fell in love in it
- More freelancing on GAF
- Started a blog (WP) where i wrote jQuery tuts, somehow i can’t remember the domain name
- I used a free theme for a while, then decided to make my own and that’s how my WP dev part of life started.
- Started messing more and more with WordPress, did some little freelance projects.
- Started a blog where i wrote tuts on WordPress development, learned a lot by writing tuts. That was wpcanyon.com, it’s no longer available.
- Developed 2 themes for an author here on TF
- Found a designer (Justin Van Oel) and since then selling themes with him
Here’s my profile on freelancer.com (former getafreelancer.com). No longer active.That’s pretty much all.
any reply ?
Hi all authors .
how did you learn designing and coding themes and templates ? from where you started this way ?
how did you learn these ? from a learning class ? or just by working with codes and editing them ?
glad to hear from the top authors !
how can i create a hover-over delay like premiumpixels.com for “a” and “img” tags ? (fade-in and fade-out)
i have some questions about your designs .
is there any tutorials for these features ? ( or if there isn’t , could you please help me to learn ? )
- how to design a creative and unique superfish delayed dropdown menu ?
- what do you use for demo settings ? ( changing colors etc. )
- how do you design a photo gallery ( portfolio ) ? (lightbox gallery , prettyphoto …)
- which sliders do you use for your themes ?
- how to create a fade-in & fade-out hovers ?
Okay ….. Let me explain. There are two categories.. Suppose you just want to be a developer of HTML templates then 1) Learn Photoshop basics 2) Master HTML 3 ) master CSSthank you for your reply . clear and hopeful ! i will try and never give up .
And if you want to earn lot and want to be a CMS developer then you also have to learn the following things : 4) Java Script or jQuery (I recommend jQuery) 5)PHP basics (Just simple basics) 5) MySQL basics 6) Wordpress Functions, hooks and actions (Assuming that you wanna be a WP developer)For your answer professional designers always use Photoshop for designing. It is the best best best and the best. Learn to PHP basics, MySQL basics and WP functions, hooks and acttions won’t take more than 2 months for a new comer. But if you are good enough then it may take a week or less. And to master jQuery will take not more than a month. Beside these there are some theory to complete a nice design. You have to have clear idea about Hierarchy, Color Theory and Design layouts. That’s all. Learning webdesign is not so hard but it is a very creative job. If you have creativity then you are welcome in this world otherwise it is not the right place for you. From my experience I have no educational background on designing or programming I learned them all by myself , reading books, online tutorials etc. And my first design was accepted by Themeforest without any rejection. As it was my first work I was not sure if it was enough good to take place on Envato’s market place but luckily I succeed. I remember that I took more that 2.5 months to complete my work. Ya it is a long time but as time gone i became experienced now I can design and complete coding a whole design within 9/10 days by working 5/6 hrs per day. So please try hard and you will succeed. Never give up.
Since you’ve never done one on your own you’re going to want to practice a lot as ThemeForest is very serious about the marketplaces keeping quality content. If you do know how to edit other themes than you are capable of coding a custom theme. However be sure to read ThemeForest’s Author rules about using things from other themes.thank you for your reply . i have 2 operating systems , XP on PC & win7 on laptop .
As for you asking about DreamWeaver I don’t recommend it, but that’s just my personal opinion. For editors it all depends on your operating system if you let us know that we’ll be able to help you further in picking a software.
Hi all developers !
I want to start designing HTML & Wordpress themes , but i don’t know where to start from .
i’m a good editor , but i haven’t design a theme from scratch .
i’ve learned html,Css and wordpress tags .
please someone help me , please explain what did you do for the first time ? how did you start designing themes ?
what about now ? how do you design themes now ? which software do you use for designing ? dreamweaver ? or something else ? please help me to get started .