• Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says

hi activedenners…

I’m not sure if I’m the only one who noticed it, but the quality bar of activeden went slightly down in the Site templates category, and I cannot understand what reviewers consider as high quality design

in all respect, Reviewers, do you think aesthethic design doesn’t matter? in my opinion it covers a big part for the buyer if he consider to buy it or not

no offense in any way, I only want the best for this marketplace… most worse scenario that could happen > if someone, who doesn’t know envato, would visit this marketplace for the first time and would see such a template he would probably think that the rest of the files are on the same level and just click the X

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
zefs says

I thought the quality went up?

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says

yea it went up, it was suppose to go up… but if you take a look at the latest files on the templates category you know maybe what I mean, just 1 or 2 templates I’m talking about…......

of course it’s not a crisis and I don’t want to disrespect anyone, I just felt like it should be discussed, “what aesthetic design is for you?”

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tsafi says

^First I apologies IA for any sarcasm coming from me, that’s just the way i am.

I understand where you are going with this, but I think you are missing the point here regarding template as a stock market sells.

Every time you see here on our flash template unique art like the use of psd in images or object around it like Ilu` atc` in a way it strict the modification allot ,i can show 5-6 example like that here that IMO are amazing but didn’t sell well on the long run ,God know why, or you see stuff like minimal designed under the statement “less is more” :P (sometime i say less time to make is more).

I think the majority here aim more into functionality of the template or special effect, look, flow bla bla la la.

Also you want design in the type of special art those thing consume time submitting, not like our other brothers like TF, here we need to submit the source of images ,fonts, sound ,Ilu`so it wont distinguish the look from the actual preview, that’s time bro`. Some people work here from 1 to 4 month on 1 AD template and its a risk for $30-$35.

You want special look unique stuff go freelance world but i don’t think $40 will do it for any dev `.

Still i think there are some unique tamp ` here just look around but if you really want amazing aesthetics design cool stuff,/effects you never s saw before, go visit TF, I am sure you will find stunning tamp there, over there you cant even find 1 similarity tamp :D ,ho I forget just send me your email ill make sure wakening you up if you will oversleep there .

overall reviewer doing. Great job under big L axe and the majority here think that way for now …..

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says

I know what you mean, and I also know the templates over on TF, even if it is stock, it can have a creative twist… I mean over at Themeforest they sell a good design for $12, that’s even cheaper than here, not that I’m a fan of them… I’m just sayin

flash templates can look different, you just have to read more articles about Layouts, Grids, Web Typography, how to use Whitespace in a good way and so on… it’s not Science

don’t get me wrong, many templates on activeden are beautiful, as I said, I mean one of the last templates that was approved, I don’t understand why, that’s all…........ I didn’t meant to have custom freelance niveau for that price Tsafi

I could understand it if it was approved 4 years ago, but it was approved this week and that’s what I’m talking about

2161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Honestly I think TF is stuck on the styles of the top 10 best selling template they dont even point out why your file was rejected they just point you to one of the top 10 best selling templates. This really sucks for originality, I have done 3 templates for TF all 3 have been rejected and the reviewer just pasting a link, pretty much saying this is how your template should look like if not then you are shit out of luck. I try to design something that is not a copy of someones work. The work might be not as aesthetic as that particular file but it is original and it works with no bugs. I am also a buyer not just an author, and i can tell you that when i look for a file the first thing i look for is that it is different than the other 5-10 templates. I don’t want to have the same template as a 100 other folks.

I really think that TF is becoming a machine/robot killing originality.

This is just what i think, and i am glad that AD is a bit different in excepting authors original look over aesthetics.

Cheers

Lester

4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
Honestly I think TF is stuck on the styles of the top 10 best selling template they dont even point out why your file was rejected they just point you to one of the top 10 best selling templates. This really sucks for originality, I have done 3 templates for TF all 3 have been rejected and the reviewer just pasting a link, pretty much saying this is how your template should look like if not then you are shit out of luck. I try to design something that is not a copy of someones work. The work might be not as aesthetic as that particular file but it is original and it works with no bugs. I am also a buyer not just an author, and i can tell you that when i look for a file the first thing i look for is that it is different than the other 5-10 templates. I don’t want to have the same template as a 100 other folks.

I really think that TF is becoming a machine/robot killing originality.

This is just what i think, and i am glad that AD is a bit different in excepting authors original look over aesthetics.

Cheers

Lester

+1000 …. I searched for a template for myself on TF, could not find one. Everyone of them is the same. Big shitty slider ( free version of course not custom made) another 4 pages that are the same as anyother free site out there… so… yeah! +1 mafloral!

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says
I know what you mean, and I also know the templates over on TF, even if it is stock, it can have a creative twist… I mean over at Themeforest they sell a good design for $12, that’s even cheaper than here, not that I’m a fan of them… I’m just sayin

flash templates can look different, you just have to read more articles about Layouts, Grids, Web Typography, how to use Whitespace in a good way and so on… it’s not Science

don’t get me wrong, many templates on activeden are beautiful, as I said, I mean one of the last templates that was approved, I don’t understand why, that’s all…........ I didn’t meant to have custom freelance niveau for that price Tsafi

I could understand it if it was approved 4 years ago, but it was approved this week and that’s what I’m talking about

Your first fallow …. In Portuguese we say been a TF fan is your first falência :P . I strongly recommend you in the long run if you stay there it will make you ordinary with no vision or any uniqueness what so ever :P .

Go to fwa i promise you most of the great template there are not fallowing any of the Layouts gaudiness you just mention.. :P

As regarding AD home page ill be the last who will judge in public template as a respect to my fallow dev`, someone put time on this submitted a file here some will like it some not, that’s life (some file that may look horrible to some, can be gold mine to others ).

Good night

732 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
50andJACK says

I really like some of the latest templates. I mean some of them are top notch.

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says
I really like some of the latest templates. I mean some of them are top notch. - 50

+1… that’s true

by
by
by
by
by
by