2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hey everyone, if you want to get updates on Apple’s keynote here’s a great site to do so: http://live.gizmodo.com They update automagically. ;-) If you have another great site, please share.

Oh, another great place is mac.appstorm.net

I can’t wait for the new iPhone! That’s the next phone I plan on getting. :-D

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Just a quick update, the iPhone 3.0 supports HTML 5 . w00t! :D

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Yeah – was a decent show. We all were waiting for that “one more thing..” moment though. Didn’t happen.

But seriously, $29 for the Snow upgrade! :)

24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
NathanCH says

Solid conference! I’d say you’d only be disappointed if you set yourself up by believing in a bunch of rumors.

I was completely surprised by the Macbook Pros and Snow Leopard pricing. I didn’t think Apple was going to beat Microsoft’s $50 price point, but they did!

+12 more
jremick Envato team says
But seriously, $29 for the Snow upgrade! :)

Oh, no kidding! Plus, I love the fact that there’s only one version of the OS. ;-)

Solid conference! I’d say you’d only be disappointed if you set yourself up by believing in a bunch of rumors.

Which I did… :-( I was hoping the iPhone would be capable of video conferencing and that Steve Jobs would come back and announce something really really cool. I don’t know what, but something, lol.

Now what’s this about Microsoft’s $50 price point?

24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
NathanCH says

Leo Laporte said that there might be a conference mid-summer where Steve Jobs comes back and perhaps announces some completely new hardware. Seems more likely since this was suppose to be for developers. :)

I think the Microsoft Windows 7 is similar to what Apple is doing which is releasing Windows 7 to Vista users for $50 (the same price as the family back of Snow Leopard). I’ve heard a few comment saying Apple are making us pay $29 for a “service pack”. But isn’t Microsoft doing the same thing?

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Actually Win7 is built on the same base architecture as Vista, so Win7 is more of a “service pack”.

Snow Leopard basically completely dumps everything 32bit in favor of 64bit with a bunch of new technology under the hood. It’s not really a whole new OS but it’s far from being a “service pack”.

Either way, I’m glad to hear that both sides are offering cheap upgrade prices that everyone can afford. I wish Microsoft would follow suit with Apple and quit making so many different versions of Windows. Just make one version with all the features at one price. :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by