2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

The 3d print category was a very cool idea, but unfortunately, we’ll be removing it from 3dOcean. In one year it’s had just one submission and zero sales. It looks like we’re just not the right type of market for this type of item. Sorry to anyone who was planning on uploading to this category. If the world of 3d print changes in the future and the market for it grows, we may consider bringing it back. Thanks for your understanding.

2104 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Ah man i had 35 model ready to go, lol only joking

It a shame but I agree it not the most useful category.

One thing I would say is the texture on this site are also relevant for After effects, only the flat ones with bump and normal and diffuse.

It would be good if people on videohive were more aware of this fact it may help sales!

222 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
OneManBand says

In one year it’s had just one submission and zero sales.

Sorry, but that’s not true. I had 2 sales from my little robot figure here. I can’t link to it now because I removed it from 3DOcean 1 month ago (yes, saw this coming: almost no sales, I took it out to test elsewhere…)

Anyway, it’s a category hard to deal with because:
  1. For authors: Objects are harder to build (extra checks for water tightness & wall thickness)
  2. For buyers: They have to submit the object to a company to get it printed…It’s not “click buy & get it at your door”

I think that’s the reason for this failure. Maybe in the future Envato buys 3d printers and cut issue #2, which gets more sells (and that cuts issue #1….or mitigates it!)
2075 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

In one year it’s had just one submission and zero sales.

Sorry, but that’s not true. I had 2 sales from my little robot figure here. I can’t link to it now because I removed it from 3DOcean 1 month ago (yes, saw this coming: almost no sales, I took it out to test elsewhere…)

Anyway, it’s a category hard to deal with because:
  1. For authors: Objects are harder to build (extra checks for water tightness & wall thickness)
  2. For buyers: They have to submit the object to a company to get it printed…It’s not “click buy & get it at your door”

I think that’s the reason for this failure. Maybe in the future Envato buys 3d printers and cut issue #2, which gets more sells (and that cuts issue #1….or mitigates it!)

I 100 % agree. Without it being a 1 stop shop, it just doesn’t make sense. If we bring it back, that’s definitely the way we’ll have to go.

by
by
by
by
by
by