1568 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
rahulbist says

Hi everyone,

I just want your opinions. I am making a pv3d based product. I want to use timeline code(all code on frame 1), not OOP classes.

If I upload it to AD, will it be accepted or rejected?

I asked to support , I am waiting for their reply. In meantime, I want to ask my fellow authors for their opinion. :)

1612 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

Since Papervision3D is released under the MIT license terms, I don’t think there would be any rejection problems related to the PV3D package licensing. Also, the fact that you’re using timeline code is irrelevant.

1568 posts
+2 more
rahulbist says

thanks dani, thanks a lot for your opinion :)

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

You are certainly allowed to use the PV3D classes in your products. And AS3 timeline code is still allowed (except when submitting AS3 versions of existing AS2 items in your portfolio, then we require that the AS3 version be not just a line-by-line translation of the AS2 , but be recreated in well structured OOP )

1612 posts
+9 more
DaniMun says

And AS3 timeline code is still allowed (except when submitting AS3 versions of existing AS2 items in your portfolio, then we require that the AS3 version be not just a line-by-line translation of the AS2 , but be recreated in well structured OOP )

That’s good to know, thanks for the heads up Steve! ;)

1612 posts
+9 more
DaniMun says

thanks dani, thanks a lot for your opinion :)

Don’t mention it, I’m glad I could help ;)

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

You are certainly allowed to use the PV3D classes in your products. And AS3 timeline code is still allowed (except when submitting AS3 versions of existing AS2 items in your portfolio, then we require that the AS3 version be not just a line-by-line translation of the AS2 , but be recreated in well structured OOP )

You want to do a cleanup? ,forbid time-line coding (: brrrrrrrr :P

4332 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Or not? If you are so smart. Go work for Adobe :) Not everyone knows OOP yet :) I’m still learning :P

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Go work for Adobe :)
Been there and done that already ,problem there…. to much work not much fun, money is so so (:
4332 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Go work for Adobe :)
Been there and done that already ,problem there…. to much work not much fun, money is so so (:

Well, Patience is a virtue. I barely started making complex stuff in AS3 . After I fully understand it’s structure, of course I’ll go OOP , but till then, Timeline is the best for a newbie. I learned AS2 and AS3 at the same time. So coding in the timeline was much much easier for me :)

by
by
by
by
by
by