2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
The idea of yours is really useful but Envato is growing fast so it must be a really reliable service ;)

lol, yeah. Static files will be as reliable as Amazon S3 but files that require PHP processing would rely on my rented server space so that’s the part I’d have to keep a close eye on.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
EbelTech says
I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a PHP based system where people could create accounts (free) and host ~3-5 (or more) TF templates.

I’d be interested in helping you out with this project. I’ve just found this site and saw your posting on the new thread list. I’m a “budding” designer and web developer, although I’ve had many, many years of programming ye olde mainframes and micros.

Can we talk?

+12 more
jremick Envato team says
I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a PHP based system where people could create accounts (free) and host ~3-5 (or more) TF templates.

I’d be interested in helping you out with this project. I’ve just found this site and saw your posting on the new thread list. I’m a “budding” designer and web developer, although I’ve had many, many years of programming ye olde mainframes and micros.

Can we talk?

Yup, you can shoot me an email via my profile page here

214 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Pandemic says

The instant anyone makes this hosting website, TF is going to finally get around to hosting the themes on their server.

burningstonecold
burningstonecold Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
burningstonecold says

I’d be interested in giving a helping hand, Will send you an email ;)

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

What about a basic service (free) and a premium service (paid).. Paid service would include php, database, and some extra space and bandwidth for a small fee/month

56 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
jigowatt says

Wouldn’t it make more sense to invest the time and effort integrating this very idea with ThemeForest itself?

It seems redundant to me… why would you set up a site separate to ThemeForest for hosting ThemeForest live previews? Except for money of course as I can see a site like this being very profitable once established. (I’m not accusing anyone of being greedy! Just genuinely don’t see the benefit).

The files are all already uploaded to ThemeForest, doesn’t it make sense to use these rather than uploading everything to a totally separate place?

Anyone care to enlighten me as I feel I’m missing something!? :-)

+12 more
jremick Envato team says
What about a basic service (free) and a premium service (paid).. Paid service would include php, database, and some extra space and bandwidth for a small fee/month

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too. :-)

- -

@jigowatt – That would be the ideal solution but there’s no timeline as to when (if ever) it will happen. I have nothing to do with TF’s development so I can’t invest my time or money into getting it up and running with TF.

The same thing happened with sales notifications. The Envato marketplaces didn’t offer them, users wanted them so people started making solutions. After a bit of time, Envato created the API as a solution that worked for both sides.

TF doesn’t offer hosted live previews, users want/need them, people are considering making solutions (technically there already are) and at some point down the road TF might implement the feature.

Believe me, if I was allowed to spend time working on features and improvements for Theme Forest (and its blog), I would be doing that.

164 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
hagdesigns says

Well, if you do ever end up going through with this, I would be happy to code the backend and help with server management (I’m a sysadmin by trade). Send me an email through the den page if interested.

55 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
EDG says

nvm…

by
by
by
by
by