2603 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hello, sorry for starting this thread, if you find it stupid.

I have the following problem : 3 items on sale… but 2 of them have real potential, and I’ve put quite a lot of work in them. All of them only got sales in the first day after being accepted, hence I only got sales as they were still on the front page. My question is, are my tags that bad? Are my descriptions really that non-descriptive, short, and non-connected to the item itself, or are they just plain useless? Please help me out with this one… I am so happy right after upload and acceptance noticing they get anything from 1 to 3 sales, and then… nothing, for weeks.

The items are as follows :

http://graphicriver.net/item/bokeh-effect-background-collection/73667 Backgrounds

With the following tags : background, Bokeh, bubbles, red, blue, yellow, orange, teal, purple formal, modern, Bright, sleek, professional, fresh

http://graphicriver.net/item/instant-mockup-actions-with-psds-collection-/77544 A set of really useful automatic mock-up creating actions in photoshop

With the following tags : visual, modern, 3d, Mock up, sleek, dark, automatic actions, photoshop, instant, time saver

http://graphicriver.net/item/tileable-patterns-perfect-for-webbackground/83196 A set of tile-able patterns, that are good for website backgrounds, header backgrounds, buttons and so on and so forth.

With the following tags : Web, background, pattern, seamless, pixel, tilable black, white modern, clean

Thanks for your input!

contrastblack.

809 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
matu says

Have you tried looking at what the popular files like your own have in as their tags and descriptions? that is where I started and from there then I added some of my own to make them more unique in there searches.

You might be able to see how others layout their descriptions also, Im not saying copy but get inspired.

+17 more
Have you tried looking at what the popular files like your own have in as their tags and descriptions? that is where I started and from there then I added some of my own to make them more unique in there searches. You might be able to see how others layout their descriptions also, Im not saying copy but get inspired.

Did that, to the extent where it’s not punishable by law :D I mean, yeah, read them, a few times, checked which of them fitted to my items, added my own, but the description I find has to be quite a bit more personal… and still, it’s like every other item is on the bumpersticker of a really hot car, and mine is…well, in the trunk :D

2217 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

I guess the same just happened to my item:
http://graphicriver.net/item/dark-stylized-business-card/83213

Got 2 sales from the front page and I hope not, but I guess that number will stay there now.
Guess it’s a nice feeling at the beginning but kind of disappointing if you don’t get even past 2-10 or 50 sales. I mean, 50 sales? Damn, I’d be so proud of such thing.. And I have an item that I think might have a lot of success, but guess what – I can’t upload it! :D

Life’s a bitch ;d

116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
iWebdezine says

I like your files!

I’m the same way, I really dont know what to say in the description sometimes, but if it were for someone else then I could write a book! I have a much harder time with my own stuff…

Eh, dont worry about the sales! Just keep up the great work to keep getting yourself out there!

+17 more
I like your files!

I’m the same way, I really dont know what to say in the description sometimes, but if it were for someone else then I could write a book! I have a much harder time with my own stuff…

Eh, dont worry about the sales! Just keep up the great work to keep getting yourself out there!

I know what you mean… I’m the best advice giver, but I can’t even take some of my own advice in a certain matter. Anyways thanks for your support, and I’m glad you like them… more comming up soon.

by
by
by
by
by
by