- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 500 and 999 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Referred between 50 and 99 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
Thx, just been exlusified.
Thank you, Cyan – I’ve been waiting for this since the first announcement.
A couple of observations:
- In the agreement we need to sign, the link to the Payment Rates page is broken. It’s displayed as http://www.flashden.local:3000/page/rates; in your blog I saw the correctly working link as http://graphicriver.net/page/rates
- There might be a possible typo in the Pricing and Licensing Matrix. The word “purchasor” is probably “purchaser”.
Small things, but maybe they’re worth looking into.
Oh, I was confused. At first I thought everyone was getting the 40% sales rate increase but I realized it is only for exclusive members. Good incentive to be exclusive because only making 25% seems a little hard to swallow.
I got some thinking to do.
Hey SiamJai – oops that’s not too good! Thanks for letting me know!!
No problem, Cyan – it’s easy to spot small errors like these, because they’re so few and far in between the tons of good stuff!
I went exclusive! Best way to go, IMO .
Does exclusivity apply for all files submitted or do one get to choose on a per file basis?
What if one wants to be exclusive but has already submitted non-exclusive content?
I could be mistaken but as I understand it being exclusive means every single file you have on GraphicRiver can’t be sold anywhere else. That does not forbid you from selling files on other marketplace but they can not be the same ones you are selling on GraphicRiver. The ones you have already uploaded fit into that. It isn’t on a per file basis.
From the blog:
If you sell on other sites (including your own) it’s easy to decide whether the exclusivity program makes financial sense. All you need to do is go to your account page and click the “Earnings” tab to see how much money you make with us currently. Next, see what percentage you would be earning if you became exclusive. If that percentage would deliver more cash then you’re earning across multiple sites you can sign up for exclusivity. All you need to do is ensure your content for sale is removed from any other sites and then follow the steps above. If it doesn’t make sense, you can continue selling non-exclusively with Envato at the old 25% rates.