• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says
CLINE123 said
duotive said
... but for example our theme can do so much more that even the demo cannot show it all. Maybe we have taken this in the wrong direction and customers are looking for simple lookalike websites that seem simpler to setup.

I agree. 80% of my clients would prefer the classic boxed site with great design. It seems to me that the majority of purchasers lean towards the noobs (my opinion). I like a simpler set-up first as more clients would relate to those demos then the fancy stuff.

Absent from your latest Fortune theme were the regular inner pages About, Services- regular housekeeping pages yes, but some clients like to see what a working site would look like so they can envision theirs. Just showcasing the heavy creative features goes over some of their heads which is why I haven’t bookmarked nor even shortlisted to show as a possible theme. I’d have preferred the simple set-up (ait does ‘minimalist’ and ‘classic’ demos sometimes), then I can tell clients about the other features to blow their minds.

You know that services pages and about pages can be create with the theme right? :)) In the future we will make it noob style… thanks for the tip.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says
ThemesFever said
I have to agree with duotive, there have been some themes submitted on ThemeForest the past few months that sell a lot, although they are the “same theme” but rebranded, always minimal, with very few options. ;) The popularity of the author is actually a big deal, it’s all about marketing. I really like duotive themes, impressive features, with unbelievable amount of features. He just create the ultimate all-in-one themes. :P

Thanks man for your kind words. But we will leave this behind us. We will join the mainstream because it’s not worth it to work 6 months on a theme and have a theme that takes 2 weeks to complete to beat us on sales.

214 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
agusmu says

duotive, I have to agree with you…

my friend tried to submit a minimalist theme with less options, I saw the design and it looks good for me and I think it is qualified for TF and also with solid code… but, yes, of course, he got this rejection message from our lovely reviewer… :bigevilgrin:

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

Overall, it has a good starting concept and it seems you’ve aimed for simplicity, but the overall design lacks details in its design that would help it stand out as more unique. At this point, you’ll need to improve the design and make it more unique before it will be ready for ThemeForest

I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

My personal conclusion: It is not easy to submit minimalist theme with less options now... :p

Note: MOD , feel free to remove this comment when you think that my comment is not appropriate… ;)

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says

:) we will make the theme get accepted. trust me :) even if they are minimal.

DiogoRedinDevelopment
DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
571 posts
  • Located in Portugal
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment says

@Duotive, Unfortunatly, because your themes are truly amazing. 6 months is a huge time, but the results are awesome. But yeah, there are some themes that could take 2 weeks to make and do as much money as your top sellers do, it’s sad. :(

Still, I’m also on a dilema about our next theme. We want to get good sales, but we don’t want to create something “equal” like the rest of the themes that are on ThemeForest.

I think most authors don’t want to take the “risk” to get on another levels. I mean almost 30% of the themes on ThemeForest are similar in terms of style, structure and purpose.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says
ThemesFever said
@Duotive, Unfortunatly, because your themes are truly amazing. 6 months is a huge time, but the results are awesome. But yeah, there are some themes that could take 2 weeks to make and do as much money as your top sellers do, it’s sad. :(

Still, I’m also on a dilema about our next theme. We want to get good sales, but we don’t want to create something “equal” like the rest of the themes that are on ThemeForest.

I think most authors don’t want to take the “risk” to get on another levels. I mean almost 30% of the themes on ThemeForest are similar in terms of style, structure and purpose.

Agreed 100%

332 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says
duotive said
You know that services pages and about pages can be create with the theme right? :)) In the future we will make it noob style… thanks for the tip.

No I didn’t know that. I thought the theme was limited to the pages shown in the demo. Now I’ll go back and make those missing pages for my clients… no, thank you for the tip.

450 posts Don't be a HATER!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webinpixels says
agusmu said
My personal conclusion: It is not easy to submit minimalist theme with less options now... :p

really? some authors will get approved easily even with just a line in their canvas, LOL :D :p

@duotive, your themes are awesome, both in design and features. Clone the functional from your previous themes and create a new design on it – 1 month 1 theme :D

4343 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Thread title changed to reflect topic.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says
CLINE123 said
duotive said
No I didn’t know that. I thought the theme was limited to the pages shown in the demo. Now I’ll go back and make those missing pages for my clients… no, thank you for the tip.

This is not a topic to advertise our work, but an about us page is a page with an image and text. What is there a need for a template for this? And a services page with some icons and columns that our theme has. What is the need for a template for that?

by
by
by
by
by
by