2715 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

is there a new name coming? or is that the definitive name?

it’s very general/universal, you know

what you think?

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

also with the colors it looks exactly like activeden, except for the logo

1620 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

Not sure about the name, so I won’t say anything about that.

The colors on the other hand, it’s the original Tuts+ colors. Why change it? It wouldn’t be much Tuts+ feel over it unless it uses the same color ;)

2715 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

so if you refer to the colors of the tuts+ logo at the top, or the one on the official site here http://tutsplus.com/

it’s not the same color, ok it is a red-ish orange, but the difference is clearly visible if you have a rather normal eye or feel for colors :)

a red-ish orange and a bright orange are quite different if you ask me

1620 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

I ment the orange color in general. Check the links on this site and compare the color, close to identical as the standard orange. Buttons, sure a bit brighter and more vibrant than the subtle more dark red-ish orange colors the logo uses. But I ment in general, not the logo and buttons. Take a look around and you’ll see what I mean ;)

I see the difference, clear as day. My point weren’t the logo, didn’t even mention the logo. I mentioned the colors, they use the same scheme.

2715 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

ok, but for me it looks weird, if the color scheme of this marketplace has a different one than the logo…. a redish orange would look way better…. sure it has a good feel, but if you switch over to http://activeden.net/ you gonna find out it’s exactly the same feel, same colors

it’s not a big deal, I was just wondering, as it looks not done or envato was in a rush to publish it

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

I think Envato want to rank for tutorials, thus the name :P or they are lazy :)

367 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

I can understand this choice. They are mixing to strong brands together. The only problem I can see in doing so is the potential confusion about how they are integrated. Mainly because there are 2 different business models in play.

34 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Skellie says

Hi all, the Tuts+ Marketplace is the final name for this marketplace. This is primarily because we wanted to connect this with the Tuts+ Network by making the marketplace a subdomain of tutsplus.com. Valley.Tutsplus.com or something like that didn’t quite work :)

2715 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
Hi all, the Tuts+ Marketplace is the final name for this marketplace. This is primarily because we wanted to connect this with the Tuts+ Network by making the marketplace a subdomain of tutsplus.com. Valley.Tutsplus.com or something like that didn’t quite work :)

Skellie, what about the colors? are they gonna stay like that? they’re exactly like activeden color scheme!

the color scheme of this marketplace doesn’t match the tuts+ logo at all…. as on every other marketplace it does

by
by
by
by
by
by