This is so off-topic lol
I’m working on a research project at the moment and could do with the following information from as many countries as possible…
1) What country are you in?
2) What are the most common (i.e. used in supermarket/conversation) units of weight for solids in your country? (i.e. kg/pounds)
3) What are the most common (i.e. used in supermarket/conversation) units of weight/volume for liquids in your country? (i.e. ltrs / fl oz)
Any answers much appreciated…
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Author was Featured
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Community Moderator
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Exclusive Author
1) The Netherlands / Holland
2) Kilograms / grams in the supermarket on the labels, pound (exactly 1/2 Kg or 500g, not to be confused with the lb. as used abroad) or ounces (exactly 100g!) in informal language i.e. when asking the butcher or greengrocer. So yeah, grams and kilograms.
3) Only liters really (and milliliters and centiliters for smaller volumes, of course)
SI units! Silly Brits and your stones and feet and fluid ounces!
PS: Perhaps it’s a good idea to create a Google Survey ? Less fun for the forums, though.
EDIT : We really need an off-topic section that’s marketplaces-wide