i dont hv opinion about this , im planning upgrade soon but wont stop working on CS3 for templates , but i just have suggestion – I ‘ve heard about script allowing going down to version before and this can handle the problem ?
ok maybe 30×30 px … something to flag it as a CS5 more visibly, is all I’m asking for. ok since my comments seem to be not appreciated I’ll go away for a month or so… thanks for not listening. respect for buyers would be appreciated. bye
ok since my comments seem to be not appreciated I’ll go away for a month or so… thanks for not listening. respect for buyers would be appreciated. bye
Maybe we should make section called ” Templates for Graphic4444 CS5 only ”. Come on man, you sound so spoiled… don’t be a baby, your idea is just not that great…accept that, be a man
- Community Superstar
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Item was Featured
- Author was Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Author had a Free File of the Month
felt_tips saidPerhaps adobe should put that on their software packaging too, beware! lol Graphic4444, just sounds like you’ve been stung for not checking, or frustrated because a project you need isn’t CS4 compliant. You cannot possibly expect authors to restrict themselves to older versions of AE, it’s their livelihood and have to move with the times to stay ahead of the game. CS5 shouldn’t come with a warning, there’s a reason why it’s superseded CS4 !
150px x 150px?
Done! Fits in nicely with the whole Envato look and feel.
respect for buyers would be appreciated. bye
You should be honored, Ken. It’s not many buyers who could launch onto the forum with such a partisan standpoint and be treated to some honest opinion mixed up with a little humorous ribbing. That’s reserved for Hive forum family members.
Other sites may have a strict version policy, but I bet their forums aren’t as lively.
I completely understand that some buyers are confused about the AE version but in my opinion not allowing cs5 files is definitely not the way to go. I think authors uploading cs 5 files (such as me) should include the version info in the description (hopefully most buyers read them before they buy :D). But actually i think every buyer should be given the opportunity to sell files in a new version of AE basically because e.g. if you switch the os you will have to buy a new license of AE which then will be the newest version. Also +1 for your button ben
Actually, since this is a marketplace, I think that the phrase “let the market decide” is probably appropriate here. If buyers are not buying CS5 only templates, then you can bet your bottom dollar that authors won’t be producing them in any quantity either. It strikes me as totally self regulating and that any sort of intervention would be at best useless and at worst damaging, giving the negative impression that extreme caution is required.
It is fair to give authors the option and allow them to respond to the market as they see fit though. When producing a project of any complexity, you can add days on to build and test in CS4 and below. Since many marketplace items seem doomed to never earn back their time investment, that is a time saving option I’d like to have open to me.
My own policy on the matter is “one version back”. Since CS5 .5 is out, that could mean that I’m dropping CS4 already, but I won’t. I’ll wait for a full version number… i.e. CS6 for that. But the day CS6 is out I’m dropping CS4 . It’s like wading through treacle.
Damn!!!! I’m finishing a new template and realized just now, that I created it with CS5 (I have CS4 too).....