There have been no updates for this item.
AS3 Featured Item Rotator with Auto Image Resizing and Cropping. This highly flexible Featured items rotator has been developed in AS3 . This item is perfectly suited to display featured items in your website or blog. This rotator is also suitable for displaying latest news headlines, product showcases, advertisements, breaking stories, text banners, image banners or eye-catching information of any kind.
Hassle free, just feed this item your layout template and it automatically resizes and crops your images to fit the layout provided, while respecting the image’s aspect ratio. This allows an extremely fast setup time and the freedom to change your layout template at any time and the images will re-adjust automatically to suit.
Aprox 20 pre-made templates are included in the download package plus a simple step by step giude on how to make your own complex layouts. Making a layout template requires very basic knowledge of flash. (eg. how to draw a rectangle, make a movie clip and how to set the stage size – that’s it, no code what so ever!!)
- The rotator has 36 general xml settings plus an additional 19 image specific xml settings. (image specific settings can be different for each and every image, while general settings apply to all slides) .
- The rotator can be changed to any size and the layout can be extremely complex or simple and elegant.
- All image resizing, positioning and cropping is done automatically. (see image below which exaplins this sequence).
- Layouts are controled by a template, which is a very basic swf file.
- Aprox 20 layout templates have been included in this package, plus a simple step by step guide to creating your own. (see the image below)
- The rotator can support an unlimited number of images (jpeg, gif, png).
- Each image can have an external link. Opening this link in a new window or the same window can be set in the xml.
- The position and color of almost everything can be controlled using the xml file settings.
- Auto-play, loop and play once options in the xml.
- Rollover auto-pause of slideshow option included to allow the user to investigate an item of interest.
- The xml contents path is input via flash vars, which allows this item to be used multiple times on one page, like in the preview above.
- The title texts support basic html tags.
- Cleanly coded flash file with many comments.
- A graphic heavy help file has been prepared which explains each and every xml option, and more.
Don’t forget to rate this file!
Below is a graphical representation of a few of the settings which are editable via the xml file.
Image Resizing Cropping Sequence:
This process will work no matter what size of image has been inserted but for best results, try to pair images with frames which are generally of a similar aspect ratio or proportion. The diagram below shows the results produced by the process for 2 frames with different proportions using the same image.
Pre-made templates are included in the download package plus a simple step by step giude on how to make your own complex layouts. Making a layout template requires very basic knowledge of flash. (eg. how to draw a rectangle, make a movie clip and how to set the stage size – that’s it, no code what so ever!!)