The bTable Component is used for displaying data in for of a table and also for highlighting certain cells from the table according to a rule set by you.
All the data and settings can be loaded from an XML file but also data and settings can be managed from Flash actionscript.
It offers great features like:
- eveything can be loaded and configured from XML
- it can be made highly interactive
- formating rules can be applied to a data range to highlight, emphasize and spice up the viewing
- fixed width/height can be set to columns/rows
- cells can have icons beside the content
- The content of a cell can be absolutely anything:<stron>text, images, animated movieclips, flash components (RadioButton, CheckBox…) or any other custom made components
- options for banded rows/column
- options for diferent coloring of first row/column
- all the colors can be changed
- links when clicking on a cell
- many methods which can help you modify the table on runtime, making it highly interactive
- resizes to your available space
- many many more
The whole table
bandedRows="true" //choose to have banded rows bandedColumns="true" //choose to have banded column firstRow="true" //choose to color the first row differently firstColumn="true" //choose to color the first column differently showSeparatorLine="true" //choose to show separators between cells separatorLineWeight="1" //separators line weight separatorLineColor="0xFFFFFF" //separator line color showBorderLine="true" //show border line borderLineWeight="1.5" //border line weight borderLineColor="0x000000" //border line color cellBackgroundColor1="0xFCE9D9" //normal cells color cellBackgroundColor2="0xFBD4B4" //banded cells color cellBackgroundColor3="0xF79546" //first row/column cells color
type="text" //the type of the cell width="100" //width of the cell height="50" //height of the cell color="0x0000FF" //color of the cell link="http://activeden.net/" //link where to go when the cell is clicked
The formatting rules are used to highlight, select interesting cells, emphasize unusual values and visualize data using colors, color scales and icons sets based on criteria.
Criteria may be: cell value, cell text, cell date, unique, blanks.
Conditions: >, <, =>, <=, !=, =, <>, between, not between, containing, not containing, is.
Effects: background color, background color scale, icon.
- Formats the cells changing their background color based on their numerical value and one (or two for between and not between) reference values.
- Formats the cells changing their background color based on their text value, highlighting those which contain/not contain a piece of text
- Formats the cells changing their background color based on a date value, highlighting those which contain a date earlier than a reference one.
- Formats the cells changing their background color based on if a cell is blank or not.
- Formats the cells changing their background color based on if a cell is unique or not in the data range specified.
- Formats the cells changing their background color with a color scale between two colors according to the two values MIN and MAX .
- Formats the cells adding an icon next to the data of the cell, according to the array of conditions and values. The values can be considered as percentage too. >33%.
Besides all the things you can do from XML there are plenty more from flash like:
- add a row and the end or at a given index
- add a column and the end or at a given index
- delete everything
- delete a row/column at the end or at a given index
- get a reference to the cell at x,y
- set fromating rule
- set column fixed width
- set row fixed height
- dispatches events when table is loaded and is OK to modify it
- many options