No this is not just another skinned component, the functionality behind it will surely help you do this kind of things more faster and better
bTextArea is an incredible component for displaying external text. It uses external data loaded from an XML file and also has many way to format the displayed text: CSS StyleSheets, textFormat and HTML formating. Detailed description hereHighly tested and updated!
FeaturesIt offers great features like:
- beeing a Flash component and is extreamly easy to use and customize. It has many properties and parameters wich can be accesed through script or from component inspector
- uses a CSS StyleSheet for a better formatting the text
- It has support for subscript and superscript so from now it’s extremely easy to write for example: x2 or H2O. Just use and tags
- you can insert symbols wich aren’t on your keyborad with a great ease, just write ”\pi” or ”\beta” without the spaces and you get ? and ?. So writing for example: ?2·?=?·?·log25 is a piece of cake
- except those you can add much more characters from char map: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ï é ö ? ? ? ? Î Â ….
- totally resizable like a normal component and everything readjust to your given dimensions
- has a built in ScrollBar so if the text is larger than the area you have you can set its scrollbar to true and everything will be automatically done by the component
- can have hyperlinks which don’t just open an HTML page but can do whatever function you want in you file, for example showing an item
- although the text is external loaded from XML you still can see it on stage when you design your application like if it would be directly entered because of the advanced built in live preview. You won’t even notice that you are working with external text.
- extreamly easy to skin everything
- auto hide scrollbar if it is not needed