The Circular Dots Preloader is a simple, visual preloader that represents the amount loaded as a circle made up of smaller circles. As the loading of your SWF progresses, these dots fade in and cast a shadow. The circle is rested upon a spotlight effect, and the entire thing is centered on the stage. The preloader will automatically reposition these elements if the stage is resized or fullscreen mode is toggled. This preloader is 100% code-driven, so there are no graphics to include!
There are several settings you can use to customize this preloader. Several of these settings can be tried out right now by clicking on the ‘settings’ bar in the demo above. The full list of settings is:
- bgColor – This is the base color used to create the background.
- dotColor – The color of the dots
- spotlightColor – The color of the light underneath the circular dots.
- txtFont – This is the name of the font used for any messages. The font you specify here needs to be embedded in your project to show up properly. A text field is provided in the preloader where you can change the embedded font.
- preloaderRadius – The radius of the circle of dots (half its width)
- glowAlpha – The alpha/opacity of the glow on the dots
- glowBlur – The amount of blurring to apply to the glow on the dots
- showShadows – A true/false value that controls whether or not to show the shadows cast by the dots
- showBackground – A true/false value that controls whether or not to show the background behind the preloader.
- fadeOutAtEnd – A true/false value that controls whether or not the preloader fades out when it’s finished before moving to Frame 2.
All settings are accessed in their own layer in the preloader’s MovieClip, making it quick and easy to change the appearance of the preloader to suit your project’s needs. To use the preloader, simply place it on Frame 1 of your timeline, and begin your project on Frame 2. The preloader does the rest! Full instructions on how to implement and customize this preloader are included with your purchase.
This preloader uses the freeware, TrueType font Alte Haas Grotesk. It’s available on dafont.com (www.dafont.com/alte-haas-grotesk.font). Instructions on how to use this font or any font you prefer in this preloader is included with your download.
This preloader has the ability to display messages to the user while your content is loading. The messages support basic HTML tags. Control font size, message duration, and looping. It’s completely optional, and all controlled through an XML file. No coding required! Instructions on how to make use of the message rotator are included with your purchase. Like the preloader but don’t want messages? Just leave out the XML file and you’re all set!