This is an XML carousel gallery having wide range of options to customise. Your thumbnails and main images can be square or rectangle and it will be displayed in circular, elliptical and or several other sub-structures as per choice. Automatically resizes the image to specified size and fits within the shape without gap. It can display infinite number of images as it loops the thumbnails while rotating.
UNIQUE FEATURES :
- 3 Basic structures with the shapes circle (or ellipse) : Full, Half and Quarter
- Circular or Elliptical depending on the main image width and height
- Mouse movement and mouse wheel controls for smooth rotational navigation
- Speed of rotation and direction is adjustable
- Options to automatically resize the thumbnails to avoid looping
- A background ring (thumbnail track) can be added and customised
- 5 different skins for thumbnail design [with options to disable skin]
- 5 different rollover effects for thumbnail
- 5 different transition effects for main image
OTHER FEATURES :
- Size, spacing, color, alpha, border, shadows can be adjusted
- Caption and Description text with options to change size, color and more
- Auto – play option and time delay settings
- Options to preload the thumbnails before display
- Can load SWF files on main image area
EASY TO CUSTOMISE :
User doesn’t needs to have Flash skills to implement. Either you can change the parameters directly through xml file or through a preview page for settings . In this page, you can experiment / preview and then create xml file just by copy / pasting the text. The only text data that should be typed is image links through another xml file.
Images are displayed within circular/elliptical shape and so a part of image data hidden. This is an unavoidable limitation. Here is a screenshot which shows the visible and hidden areas of main image on various structures:
SOURCE FILE :
- FLA in Flash 8.0 and published for player 8.0 (AS2)
- Fully editable Flash source and commented Action Script
- Can be loaded into an another SWF
- SWF and FLV files can be loaded instead of main image
UPDATE [06 NOV 2008 ] :
Caption and Description texts added. It can be added and customised through data.xml file.
UPDATE [12 NOV 2008 ] :
Now FLV files can be added as main content. The video player has basic controls to keep the look and feel simple.
UPDATE [22 NOV 2008 ] :
Now the title and description texts has support for all the characters (Ex: äáôö etc). As the description text uses device font, no need to embed the characters through flash but the title text needs embedding for the characters you use.