A cool template.
No Papervision or any other 3D script is used. This is made by my own sphere script of just 2KB. We can change the images on the spheres by xml.
Biggest functionality: Show as many image galleries, news readers, contact forms, video galleries, simple html pages as you want, just via xml.
1. Easily editable, just via xml.
2. Audio files and volume can be controlled via xml.
3. Minimum dimensions for the website can be set. So, that it doesn’t go smaller than that.
4. Remains center aligned no matter what resolution we are using.
5. Maximum dimensions to the galleries can be set so that their items do not get beyond than that.
6. Automatic scrolling or scroll-bars are present wherever needed.
7. Site name can be changed via xml. The textbox gets re-sized automatically.
8. We can put as many balls on the template as we want. Positions of the balls can be set. When the ball is clicked it animates to a new position which can also be set via xml. Also, scaling can be set to show different sizes of balls.
9. We can show any images on the balls as we want. The 3D work is done using action script. So, we need just an image to show up on the ball.
10. There are 5 types of pages… viz. html, contact, image gallery, video gallery and news reader. We can use as many pages of all these types as we want.
11. Items in the image gallery can be categorized.
12. Positions and dimensions of the simple html pages can be set.
13. Dimensions of the video and gallery pages can also be set.
14. Feed as many news items, videos, images, swf as you want to show up.
15. Slideshow capability in the image gallery which can be turned ON/OFF as suited to the need.
16. Contact forms can have different server side script urls to make more secure the way you want.
17. Contact form also has validations on the fields, like e-mail should be proper, name should be filled etc.
18. Many other settings like… speed of animations, slideshow interval, items per page on news reader, etc. can also be changed via xml.
19. Information layer (showing messages) is shown up wherever necessary. 20. Tool tips to guide the user almost everywhere.
21. Pre loaders are put where ever necessary.
22. Full Screen Support.
Action Script and XML files are well-commented.
The contact form gets an error when submitted, in the preview file. It works fine in the original file.