Facebook Photo Gallery and Viewer item is consisted of a gallery component, a viewer component and a HTML -embeddable version of them. The gallery and viewer dynamically load their content from a given Facebook Page photo album and with that allow you to include part of your (or anybody’s really) Facebook Page(s) photo content in your web site or application.
- customizable color scheme and fonts
- customizable display options, e.g.: size of thumbnails, inclusion or exclusion of some Album and Page info, etc.
- customizable graphical skins (Flash components only)
- customizable through XML file and FlashVars (embeddable file)
- keyboard input supported
- drag scrolling
- links to Facebook, i.e. the source Album and Page
Main use cases of this item are:
- To promote, and attract people to, your Facebook Page. Instead of just a simple ‘Like’ button, you can show some of the data (in this case, photos) available on your Page.
- To use Facebook as a data source – a photo storage – service. You can even disable the links and other parts of info that point to Facebook, if you want, and show just the minimum: album name and photo titles.