Current Version 1.1
This is an easy to use web application that provides for a very customizable PDF viewing experience. Easily incorporate this web application into your website and allow your users to view PDF documents as converted SWF files while also giving them the option to download the original PDF document. All PDF files must be converted to SWF files first though, which is easily and quickly done via included scripts using the “pdf2swf.exe” from www.swftools.org.
- Completely Customizable Menu via XML (Vector Graphics)
o Buttons and Textboxes are also completely customizable
o So create your own unique menu look.
- Menu Control Buttons and Textboxes include
o A Drop Down List and Textbox Zoom Component
o Actual Size, Fit to Height, and Fit to Width Buttons
o A Download PDF Document Button (the actual PDF file)
- Animated Menu and Page Transition Effects
- Full-Screen Mode support
- Keyboard Shortcuts (Arrow Keys, Home/End, Page Up/Down)
- Grab & Drag – Move PDF around with mouse
- Use mouse wheel to both scroll and turn pages (right-click option off by default)
- Right-Click Context Menu Includes user options for
o Turn Pages with Mouse Wheel (Default Off)
o Animate Page Transitions
o Quick Page Turning (Used in conjunction with Animate Page Transitions)
- Load SWF files (PDF Documents) via FlashVars (FlashVar – “swfFile”)
- Settings controlled via XML (FlashVar – “xmlFile”)
- Custom scripts for converting numerous PDF files with just a simple click.
- (v1.1 NEW !) Deep-Linking to document page numbers now supported.
- (v1.1 NEW !) Example “dynamic.php” file that shows how documents, XML settings,
and page numbers can be loaded dynamically.
Installing and Using:
Unzip file contents to a server directory. Navigate to the “index.html” file to use application. There are two FlashVars you may edit which are: “swfFile” and “xmlFile”. Switching between different PDF documents is as easy as changing the FlashVar “swfFile”. You may use a direct or relevant link. And if you want to modify the look of the menu or any other settings or even have different sets of settings for different PDF documents you may create and modify multiple XML files individually.
However, to view your own PDF documents in Flash they must be converted to SWF files first. To do this you will need a program called “pdf2swf.exe”, which is a part of the SWFTools package and you may downloaded it from: www.swftools.org. I have written scripts that automate the process of conversion using the “pdf2swf.exe”. The process is quick and easy with my PHP script for server file conversions and batch script for Windows uses who wish to convert files on their PC. More info included in the Readme file.
Support and Future Updates:
If you need help integrating this application into your website or converting PDF files feel free to contact me. For a limited time I will help with any of these issues and even take into consideration requests for further customizations to fit your needs.
If I get enough interest in this application and/or requests I will start work on an Advanced PDF Viewer that will have some of its features similar to those seen in Adobe’s PDF Reader desktop application. Some of the features I would likely include would be: Text Selecting/Copying, Text Searching, Different Page Views (Two Pages, Continuous, Thumbnail, etc), Deep-Linking to PDF Page Numbers, Further Customization, and any other ideas requested by ActiveDen members, so feel free to make requests.
I am avaliable for freelance work.
My Website: http://www.27developer.com/