This is a simple effect to animate your lines of texts. You can also use it as an intro to your movie by adding a “Skip Intro” button.
Everything is properly named in the FLA file. Action Script and XML file are well-commented.
These settings can be set globally for every line of text
1. showdelay – delay to perform before showing each line of text
2. staycount – time for which each text line should stay
3. color – color of the text
4. rollovercolor – color of the text when mouse moves over
5. traillength – length of the trails
6. chardelay – delay to perform before showing each character
7. traildistance – distance of trails
8. rotation – rotation for the characters
9. rotationstop – time when the rotation should stop
10. textsize – text size
11. chargap – gap between the characters
12. wordspace – gap between the words
These settings can be applied separately to each different text line
1. color – color of the text
2. rollovercolor – color of the text when mouse moves over
3. traillength – length of the trails
4. chardelay – delay to perform before showing each character
5. traildistance – distance of trails
6. rotation – rotation for the characters
7. rotationstop – time when the rotation should stop
8. textsize – text size
9. chargap – gap between the characters
10. wordspace – gap between the words
11. x – fixed horizontal position of the text line
12. y – fixed vertical position of the text line
13. url – link to open when the line is clicked
14. target – target frame or window in which the link should open
There can be two things.
1. You can animate a number of words together to make it appear like an introduction to your movie. For this, the words are loaded from an external xml file and the symbol name is “words”.
2. You can make any of your word appear with this effect by using the symbol “word” and giving it a word you want… wordmoviename.word = “ACTIVEDEN”; and also applying the settings too.
If you use the “words” symbol then the space for showing the words gets resized automatically as soon as you resize the Stage of the flash movie.
You can also try changing the font style in the “char” symbol, and also the motion of character using the “character” symbol.