This custom FLV video player is very simple to use, just open up the .fla and and copy the “flvplayer” movieclip and the ‘flvplayer_components” folder that are located in the Library Panel. Everything will then be copied to your own project library.
- Setup can be targeted for either webpage use, or use within another flash project or external application etc
- Image and Video loaded from external folder or location
- All user options customizable through query string – No need to open flash
- Default Video to play
- Autostart option
- Load external image if no autostart
- Starting Volume
- Autohide option for control panel
- Autohide exit option – Fade or Slide
- Control panel background transparency
- Fullscreen Option
- Resizable Controls based on video size
- Seek bar with jump to position ability
- Video duration/length displayed in tooltip on seekbar rollover
- Keyboard controls (normal size only – not supported by Flash in fullscreen)
- Up arrow – Increases volume
- Down arrow – Decreases volume
- Right arrow – Jumps forward in video position
- Left arrow – Jumps backward in video position
- Spacebar – Toggles play and pause
- Custom right click context menu
- Switch Fullscreen
- Mute Volume
By default, it is designed to be used within a webpage, however if you are not doing this, and embedding it in more Flash, or something else, and will not be passing the query string, you can set the player to use its own variables within the actionscript.
To do this, set the variable useEmbed to true instead of false, then just edit the player variables that you will find below that setting in the actionscript.
videoDefault=movie.flv autoHide=false hideType=fade hideDelay=60 autoStart=false holdImage=flvimage.jpg startVol=60 bgAlpha=75
I suggest you use SWFObject when embedding Flash in your HTML page. You can see how I set everything up in the source code of the included index.html file. Everything is explained clearly in the help file included
Update – 18/08/08
It turns out there was a bug in that the large play button appeared when switching between fullscreen and normal even when the video was currently playing. I did not come across this problem at all in development so was quite surprised. This however has been fixed, so if you buy this item, please email me and i will you email you back the updated version.
This is temporary until i re-upload the item here
Portfolio: FlashDen items: