This is a simple effect to animate any of your words. You can use it as an introduction to your movie by just adding a “Skip Intro” button if you want. The actual size is around 3kb… the remaining size is of the embed font.
There are two kinds of things.
1. You can animate a number of words together to make it appear like an introduction to your movie. For this, the words are loaded from an external xml file and the symbol name to use is “words”.
2. You can make any of your word appear with this effect by using the symbol “word” and giving it a word you want… wordmoviename.word = “FLASHDEN”;
This is fully action script. You can control the speed, word stay count and other attributes by using the variables used in the script.
If you use the “words” symbol then the space for showing the words gets resized automatically as soon as you resize the Stage of the flash movie. You can try this by resizing the window of your browser while you see the preview.
You can also try changing the font style in the “char” symbol, and also the motion of character using the “character” symbol.
I have updated the script. More xml attributes:
1. x – left position of the word
2. y – top position of the word
3. color – Words in different colors
4. scale – change the word size
5. url – link which opens when word is clicked.
6. target – target frame or window for the link.
I have updated the script again.
1. You can show lowercase characters too.
2. Character spacing can be controlled via xml.
Please just e-mail me if you want an updated version.
Keywords: text animation, character animation, word animation, flying text, text effect, animated text