Update September 17, 2009
- Mouse wheel support added! Mouse wheel can now be used to navigate through images
- Slight modification to how elements are re-positioned on stage resizes to prevent possible misalignment when maximizing browser window.
The Image Wave Gallery is a clean, straightforward image gallery that offers a simple XML layout, easily customized looks, and unlimited galleries in a small file size. At under 36kb, Image Wave simply gets the job done. Images are displayed in thumbnail form on a wave whose properties you control in the XML . Quickly adjust thumbnail size and wave appearance to create many different depth effects with ease. Here are some other things you can control with Image Wave…
- Optional keyboard controls. Left/Right to move through the gallery. Up/Down to zoom in and out, or Space Bar or Enter to toggle the zoom.
- Relative (percentage-based) vertical alignment of the gallery on the stage – perfect for resizable browser windows and fullscreen mode.
- Background color
- Preloader color
- Gallery button colors
- Thumbnails! Size of thumbnails, border color/thickness, wave height, reflection distance, and optional desaturated thumbnails in background.
- Optional scrollbar for navigating thumbnails with customizable colors and sizing.
- Decide if zoomed-in images are scaled to fit on the screen, or shown at their true size with the ability to pan them using the mouse!
- Control border color on zoomed-in images.
- You choose how your captions appear. Font, font size, alignment, text color, hyperlinks, background color, and even an auto-hide mode so the user can see your images unobstructed!
- Captions can have colored backdrops based on their image’s average color. Great for blending in while still providing an even color behind your text.
All this in just a few lines of XML . Full documentation is provided detailing all of these settings and how you can use them to quickly and easily set up your gallery’s style.
The galleries themselves are as simple as listing your images. Group images together into galleries. Add multiple galleries and give them all labels. Image Wave will see that you have multiple galleries and automatically create buttons at the top of the screen for the user to navigate between them. Have a lot of galleries? No problem! If your gallery buttons are wider than the screen, Image Wave will pan the buttons from side to side as your user moves their mouse over them, allowing you to have as many galleries as you wish.
The Image Wave Gallery makes it easy to showcase your images in a polished, professional way. Thank you and enjoy!