Infinite 3D Image & Media Carousel
- Images, videos, or swf’s in the full and/or thumb view.
- Infinite amount of items, they swap out at the back of the carousel, so you could have 100 items and it would still space the same and just keep rotating through them.
- XML driven list of items for the gallery.
- Uses the FLVPlayback component for video, meaning standard skins can be used. Each individual video allows you to select a skin, the skin background color, the skin background alpha, and whether the skin autohides when the mouse is not over it.
- All text has CSS styling that can be applied from an external file.
- Descriptions are optional, and if not included then the full view will be bigger!
- Compiled component with parameters panel full of options. VIEW THE PARAMETERS HERE!
- All options that can be set in the parameters panel can also be set in an optional xml file (especially useful for those without flash using the standalone version).
- The standalone version also has 2 FlashVars that will set up the width and height for the full size viewing, which otherwise would have been determined by sizing on the stage in Flash, so even non-flash users have control!
- I invented the 3D engine being used, so I’m allowed to distribute it So there’s no extra code packages you have to find and install, it’s all included. You can learn about the 3D engine used here.
- The component has a live preview of the 3D carousel on the Flash stage, allowing you to simply set it up on stage in your project (the nav array of arrows and text also shows for layout puroses). SEE THE LIVE PREVIEW HERE!
- Most visual elements are right in movie clips in a folder in the library, so even though it’s a component a Flash user could edit many of the visuals.
- The external CSS and the settings xml file (not the gallery xml file!) are both optional. If you don’t want to use them, it will recognize they aren’t there and use default settings (or setting from the parameters panel). The settings xml file can override the parameters panel, for those that would rather have it external.
- Can go over any background
keywords: flash, 3D, carousel, papervision3d, papervision, away3d, away, component, compiled, parameters, actionscript, action script, as3, actionscript 3.0, animation, simple, clean, reflection, images, image, photo, video, h.264, h264, flv, swf, swfs, swf’s, jpg, jpeg, png, vector, interactive, rotator, gallery, viewer, editable, easy, css, style, stylesheet, xml, html, tags, description, title, external, web 2.0
******** UPDATES ********
April 25, 2009
Download file has been updated, new features are:
1) ability to set thumb images to go to a url when clicked instead of just opening a shadowbox (set in the xml optional for each item, also the target window can be chosen)
2) addition of a parameter to control the opacity of the backgrounds to the images (added as a component parameter, and in the settings XML)
3) eased scrolling on body text.
If you have already purchased, redownload, if you have not already purchased, do so now. No, really, buy it.
******** UPDATES ********