- If you have any question, please read F.A.Q’s first. If your question is not answered, please, do not hesitate to ask -
- If you are looking for an AS2 version -
Loan Payment Calculator with slider (AS3)
You can calculate the monthly loan payment by writing the information in the input text zones or by using the horizontal slider to get the loan ammount, down payment percent, down payment amount, interest rate and the number of years of the mortgage.
InstructionsThere are two ways to calculate the result:
Using the input text
- Fill all the input text boxes to fill the needed information
- Each time when a number is being typed, the handle calculates the new position along the bar
- When all the needed data is completed and validated, then the Calculate button will be actived
- Finally, press the calculate button to get the final result
Using the horizontal slider
- Move the four sliders (loan ammount, down payment, interest rate and the number of years of the mortgage)
- Each time when a handle is being dragged or when a slide bar is clicked, the data for the specific topic is calculated and the result is written into the corresponding input text
- Once you have moved the four sliders, then all data are filled and are validated. The final result is automatically displayed
You don’t even need to press the calculate button
Features for this calculator
Validating the data
- There are functions created to avoid invalid information. This is very useful, specially because sometimes when not valid data are written by the user, the retrieved results are shown such as $NaN or undefined or infiniti.
The user can not write something like:
- 188.8.131.525 – when more than two dots are detected, the input text is cleared
- 002478 or 012.052 – any leading zero will be cleared. Only integers equal or higher than 1 are allowed.
- 123qe4567fg – vowels, consonants, or other different type of symbols are not allowed
- $199,145.34 – currency symbols or commas are not allowed, instead there is a function which will format the result
- 19764.32 – write numbers and only one dot. The final result will be automatically formatted such as $19,764.32
- 0 – is valid in some cases of percentage. (Down Payment)
Formatting the data
- One of the best things for this calculator is that it will convert the amount into money format (commas, dot and the currency symbol) when is required, or into percentage format when is needed.
- The user writes a total amount of 9999999999 which is very tired to read it, it is confusing to look at it and finally it is very difficult to calculate the number visually. To avoid all of these, there is a function which automatically converts the number into money format. When the user types the number or when the slider is moved, for this case, the previous number is converted to 9,999,999,999.00 $
- The user writes only numbers for those fields which require percentage. For example, if 50 percent is required, the user only needs to write 50, without the “ ”. The flash file will format those variables (percentages) by adding the “ ” automatically
Customizable parameters from the XML fileThere are several parameters that you can play with:
- Setup the maximum and minimum value for the Total amount – The maximum Total amount will support up to 10 digits, for example the maximum amount would be 9999999999 or 9,999,999,999.00 $. The minimum Total amount can be “1” or a number less than the maximum Total amount. For example:
- For a house could be set as a minimum of $250,000.00 and have a maximum of $1,250,000.00
- For an apartment could be set as a minimum of $80,000.00 and have a maximum of $750,000.00
- For a new car could be set as a minimum of $8,500.00 and have a maximum of $35,000.00
- For whatever needed could be set as a minimum of $0.00 and have a maximum of $9,999,999,999.00
- Setup the maximum and minimum value for the Down payment – The maximum Down Payment must be equal or less than 99 and higher than 1 to be used correctly. The minimum Down Payment can be “0” or a number less than the than maximum Down Payment. For example:
- If a down payment is not required, then you can set the minimum as 0, but suppose that the highest payment accepted (as a down payment) by the bank is the 60% percent of the total amount, then you can set the maximum to 60
- If in a loan, a down payment is required, then you can set the minimum as 25 and have a maximum among 26 and 99.
- If a down payment of 35% is required, then you can set the minimum as 35 and have a maximum among 36 and 99.
- Setup the maximum and minimum value for the Annual Interest Rate – the Minimum Annual Interest Rate must be equal or higher than “1”. The maximum Annual Interest Rate will support up to 5 digits. For example
- A bank offers you the lowest rate in the market of 1.5%, then you have to setup the minimum to 1.5. On the other hand, the same bank realizes that you have a bad credit history and offers you its highest annual rate at 157% then you have to setup the maximum to 157
- You can setup the percentage in the input text box as following: 5.52 or 9.999 or 55.23 or 99.99.
If an user type a number higher than 99.99, for example 999.9 or 9999 or 99999, then the returned value will be 99.99%. This option can be modified from the flash.
- Setup the maximum and minimum value for the Year mortgage – The minimum years of the mortgage must be “1” or higher. The year mortgage average is usually handled between 5 and 30 years, so, the maximum years of the mortgage may vary among 5 and 30 for home loans or among 1 to 4 years for a car loan. Higher values can be applied for the maximum years of the mortgage if needed. For example:
- If you decide to buy a house, then you can setup a minimum of 5 years and a maximum of 30.
- If you decide to buy a new car, then you can setup a minimum of 1 years and a maximum of 4.
- You can setup a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50. There is a top limit for this value but this must be changed form the flash file.
- Setup the symbol of the currency – Change this value for the needed currency: $, €, ¥, £, etc.
- Use your logo or a customized image – You can use gif, jpg or png image format. You can also relocate your logo in the x and y axis by changing the xpos and ypos values in the xml. For example:
- If the shape of the image is rectangular and has the following measures 175×42 pixels, then use xpos=”375” and ypos=”70”
- Other measures can be used, but pay attention to the width and height of the image and also for the xpos and ypos of it
- Setup a different language description. You don’t need to open the flash file to change the language.
- Customize colors from the XML file without opening the Flash file.
I hope you can find this file useful for your purposes. It took me several weeks to create this, so I hope you like it. Have Fun and Enjoy!
PLEASE RATE MY FILE IF YOU LIKE IT !