AS2 duplicate events bug
This one should’ve been taken care of a long time ago, I apologize. I thought it was something completely different than what it really was.
Go to line 100 in com/dhmpire/MiniCalendar.as which should be blank, and enter this:
events = new Object();
...and that’s it. Again, this is only for the AS2 version.
AS2 todayHighlightColor bug
I just found a slight bug in the AS2 file. I don’t know why I never noticed this before, but if you have a todayHighlightColor set, that highlight will show up on that day for all months, not just the current month.
There’s a simple fix for it. Line 475 in com/dhmpire/MiniCalendar.as is this:
//cd.filters = null;
Just uncomment it, so make it this:
cd.filters = null;
And that’s it. I’m not sure why it was commented, I’m not sure why I didn’t catch it before, and I’m not sure why nobody else caught it, but it doesn’t matter, it’s fixed.
Changes in v1.3:
- Added the ability to change the current date’s background color. You can have a stroke, a background color, both or none.
- Added the ability to have a stroke on all dates. You can have a stroke, a background color, both or none.
- Added the ability to change the event list’s position to the left, right, above, or below the calendar.
- Added a “complete” event that fires after the calendar has read the xml file and has been created.
- Made events a public variable to use event data outside of the calendar. You can’t access the events until after the “complete” event has fired.
- Updated the Tweener class for AS3 to the latest version (1.31.70)
- Fixed a bug where the autoDisplayEvent setting was ignored. Thanks to cutter9 for pointing this out.
AS2 version (finally) available
Thanks everyone for being so patient. Please email for the file.
Small issue with larger font sizes
If you are using a larger font size for the main month textfield, you may notice that characters with descenders (g,j,p,q,y) are cut off at the bottom. I’m not going to issue a new release for this, but here is the fix if you need it.
Open com/dhmpire/MiniCalendar.as in a text editor and go to line 218. The line is currently this:
monthLabel.height = Number(textFormat1.size);
You’ll need to add a few pixels to the height of the textfield, like this:
monthLabel.height = Number(textFormat1.size) + 4;
Just save, then publish your movie again, and that’s it.
Thanks to CavWebMaster for pointing this out.
Changes in v1.2:
- Added ability to align date numbers in the box either centered, top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right.
- Added sub text to calendar date boxes for special dates, and you can control the color of this text also. The position of this text relies on the alignment of the date number. If you set the dateAlign to C, the sub text will not be visible.
- Added stylesheet so you can now control the style of links, etc in the event description.
- Fixed a bug where when you switch months, dates with events from the previous month were still clickable, even though they weren’t highlighted.
- Fixed a bug where the event descriptions wouldn’t make room for event titles that were too long and wrapped.
Thanks to steve for requesting the sub text feature
Thanks to rocketo for finding those 2 bugs today.
I added a second calendar to the preview so you can see how easy it is to customize and get it looking and working how you want.
Changes in v1.1:
- added option for auto display events when calendar loads if events exist for current day. manage this in XML
- set the width and position of the event details in XML
- now supports 4 separate arrows instead of rotating just one
This calendar system is completely XML driven and very customizable. You can change the font, size, color, the date blocks size, spacing and color, the transition time and delay when switching months, and more.
The month names and day initials are defined in the XML file, so it supports any language.
The calendar weeks do not have to start on a Sunday, you can change it to Monday, or any day of the week.
It defaults to the current month, and highlights the current day. You can even change the color of the highlight.
When viewing events, the date can be formatted with standard date formatting, like F d, Y for April 04, 2008.
When there are more than one event on a date and the text needs to scroll, I’ve added my SmoothScroller class.
The best part of this calendar is experimentation. Play around with the transition settings, button sizes, padding and colors, fonts and you can create some really interesting calendars.
The class was written in AS3 , and if anyone needs any help, I’m glad to assist. Thank you, and enjoy!