While the design of this news reader is clean and simple, the engine is quite complex and feature rich. Just go through all the options and you’ll understand why this is a very flexible and sturdy solution to your content display needs.
It is resizable (you can set the width and height in the xml) and the scroll bar will only appear if the content is larger than the designated heigh.
It supports css (cascading style sheet) and html formatting as well all of the common special characters (french, german, spanish etc.).
Since it’s html formatted you can add external images or swf files to your news !
Another cool feature is the fact that if the news title (on listing or details) is too long, it will be truncated automatically to fit the available space. This way you’re sure you’ll never mess up the design, even with dynamically generated data.
All the colors can quickly be changed in the xml settings file and the design is quite easy to change within Flash/library.
It supports a virtually unlimited number of sections since the drop-down menu supports scrolling.
XML Settings for the HTML CSS Scroller :- set the initial category to be displayed
- size of the module (width and height)
- css file path
- main title (ex. Our Services) and main title color
- text padding
- allow the content text to be selectable on/off (independent for each news item)
- menu title (ex. Sub Section and menu title color
- news reader title color
- news items title, date, lines, arrows color for all states (normal, mouseover)
- news items offset amount on mouseover (in the example you see them move right on hover)
- news details title, date and line colors
- scroll bar colors : bar background color, bar stroke color, bar button background color for normal and mouseover/drag states
- for each section you can set the title and html/css formatted content
- set the initial section (the one displayed at the first load)
- for each category you can set the display and wether it’s the default category or not
- for each news item you can set the listing title, date, details title and html/css formatted content.
XML Settings for the Category Drop Down Menu :- menu width (px)
- menu opened height (px)
- start opened on/off
- close drop-down when item is selected on/off
- open/close animation time
- set the default menu item
- ALL top button colors (top button stroke color normal & mouse over, bg color normal & mouse over, text color normal & mouse over, arrow color normal & mouse over)
- ALL drop menu colors (button stroke color, bg color for normal, mouse over and selected states, text color for normal, mouse over and selected states, arrow color for normal, mouse over and selected states)
- For menu item you can set the displayed text (label)
Photoshop PSD design is also included in the package along with all the Flash sources (.fla, .as) and Help Files.
We hope you’ll enjoy this new release from Oxylus Flash.
Support only on the News Reader with Categories and Scroll AS3 Support Forum