This is a versatile yet easy to use and configure Flash AS3 XML driven image gallery and slideshow.
It will let you define as many galleries as you want, organize them into folders and add images or swf files in each of them. They can show in an ordered mode, or scattered randomly on a virtual table, and the user will be able to interact with them, moving them and picking them to watch at full size.
There are really many options and functions you can enable : captions, titles, automatic slideshow, polaroid or automatic square effect, download feature, breadcrumbs… and much more!
FLICKR SUPPORT !
DEMO 2 : deep linking + dynamic galleries definition from server folders structure with php (script included in the package)
VERSION : 2.5
[AS3 – swf: Flash player 10 – fla: Flash CS4 ]
note: Photo Ruffle 2 fla can only be opened with Flash CS4 , if you need a similar product that works with previous versions of Flash please have a look at Photo Ruffle V1
KEY FEATURES :
- Very customizable and fully XML driven, no Flash authoring needed
- Flickr support! Load your photosets as PhotoRuffle galleries
- Completely fluid layout
- Support for JPEG , GIF, PNG and SWF —all with dynamic and smooth resizing
- Unlimited galleries, you can also divide them into folders, and navigate through them with a very usable menu
- Easily change the background of your galleries… use a predefined one or load your own image
- Optional background audio (single mp3 song) with play/mute button
- Deep linking and breadcrumbs
- Automatic slideshow mode, with pause and play button and timer icon
- Intelligent images loading while showing, with preload
- Global options and many single galleries and photos options
- Fully configurable interface with possibility to disable its elements or sound effects and change buttons and tooltips text
- Download feature: enable the download of the single photos, or create a gallery package!
- Captions and texts with html text formatting and many options (colors, transparency, shadow, fonts, etc… )
- Embedded fonts option (Myriad Web font included)
- Runtime error check with messages: XML not found, images not found and XML malformed
- Use a thumb for each photo, or just use the full size image. If an image is unavailable (unable to load) the gallery will work anyway, skipping that faulty image.
- Detailed 18 pages pdf manual, and well commented code
- 2 Usage examples included
Changes from V1:
- Categories – organize your galleries in folders
- Polaroid Mode
- Completely fluid layout
- Deep linking
- Download button
- Automatic scrolling of the photos in ordered mode
- More efficient code, smoother animations and many little improvements
- Switch to CS5 for a better handling of the embedded fonts
- Improved manual and editor
...and much more!
DEMO SONG : Night Muzik
18-Feb-11 [v.2.50] Macrogalleries (a gallery that can display and link to other galleries), scroller with handle option, inertia effect when dropping and moving photos, breadcrumbs, Polaroid effect “only for thumbs” option, “download gallery package” button, galleries menu “disable icons” option, galleries menu “order elements alphabetically” option, galleries menu always open at level 0 option, option to set title size (normal and Polaroid), layer behind photo with the option to set the color, option to have a different background once in fullscreen mode (globally or for each gallery), XML preloader, changed font for Polaroid titles and captions, removed the built-in “wood” background from the swf (now loaded as an external jpg), improved XML structure, other optimizations and minor fixes
18-Nov-10 [v.2.30] Flickr support to easily show your photo-sets as Photo Ruffle galleries, new path_download option to let the users download a different file with the download button, download process with progress bar, new interface_titleShadow to enable or disable the glow/shadow around the title text, new interface_galleriesMenuShowTotalPhotos to enable or disable a counter in the galleries menu which displays the total number of photos for each gallery, other minor improvements and fixes
29-Oct-10 [v.2.20] polaroidMode option can now be set also for the single photos (to create a gallery with both polaroid and normal photos), polaroid captions can now scroll when text overflows photo area, possibility to customize from the xml global options all the buttons and tooltips text, improved audio toggle button with preload and audio fade in/out, fix in the blackLayerTransparency option, other minor fixes
20-Sep-10 [v.2.10] new “home button” to send to an external url or to an internal gallery, new “path_imagesAndThumbs” galleries option to maximize the degree of customization for the images and thumbs path for each gallery, improved deep linking functions, smarter interface buttons positioning, minor fixes