- I’ve added the option to change the frames per second of the webcam stream. Some webcams have higher quality images only if the webcam is set to 15 fps or lower.
- A new and improved documentation. Click here to view it.
- Updated Java code.
- There was an error popping out when the watermark tag was removed from XML. Now that is fixed.
- Added the ability to change the image size. You can now setup the output image width and height through the XML code.
- Added .jsp file for those with Java servers.
- I have added more comments to the ActionScript code. I believe it’s better explained now.
This application allows you to take webcam photos and save them on a server. It’s XML based so you can easily customize it. If you want you can create different configuration XML files for a site with different languages (example: config_en.xml; config_it.xml etc), and choose through flashvars witch XML to load.
You’ll need a server with ASP or PHP support (both ASP and PHP files are included in this pakage)Features:
- Fully XML customizable.
- You can change the output image size.
- Checks the number of cameras connected to your machine and if you have more then one, a panel will pop-up with a drop-down allowing you to choose the camera you want to use.
- If you have no cameras connected, an info message will appear (message can be modified though XML).
- In case you didn’t allow your webcam to be used by the application, an error message will pop-up and let you know you can’t use the application without allowing the camera to be used. There is also a button, when clicked the Privacy panel will pop-up.
Here you can see how the XML file structure looks like: