PunkerPop XML Template features an eye catching and one of a kind website template fully controlled by XML and very versatile in its setup! It gives you total freedom in the way you want to setup your pages (e.g. you can have 5 text pages and 1 contact page)! Make use however you want from the 8 available template pages and enjoy full deeplinking support!
* Update (20th of January 2010): Some bugs fixed and functionality added:
- Enabled dynamic video size, so it also supports 16:9;
- Long gig descriptions now show a scrollbar;
- Separate ‘buy now’ buttons added to single tracks in the music player;
- Added syringe-less files to the package, click the banner above this text to check it out (also try out the guestbook in that example)!
- Complete structure and content controlled by XML
- Deeplinking throughout the whole template
- Deeplinking directly on songs! Send a link leading directly to playing a song!
- Config.xml with general, sound and color settings
- Of course it is also possible to insert your own SWF’s or create external links from the main menu
- Also optional to use a fullscreen image or SWF file as background of the website
Features of the different modules:
- Feature as many news items as you want
- Mac MouseWheel support for scrolling
- Choose whether you want to use your own XML file or provide an RSS feed for Twitter (RSS compatible)
- Hyperlink decoration through CSS
- Full HTML enabled text, providing options such as lists, text decoration and images
- Special characters proof
- Mac MouseWheel enabled and CSS text decoration
- Two level deeplinking right to the detail of gigs
- Can also be used as a text page with submenu
- Three level deeplinking to the level of individual pictures!
- Create different galleries
- Optional fullscreen viewing of pictures
- HTML support for the picture descriptions
- Supports JPG, PNG, GIF
- Streaming video
- Cool filmstrip thumbnail picker
- Background music fades away when showing video
- Ability to view the video fullscreen!
- Two level deeplinking on the different albums
- Define which songs of the albums are also available in the website’s music player and enable clicking on them to start playing the song!
- Entries scroll based on mouse position when more than 10
- PHP controlled contact form
- HTML supported text with CSS decoration
- PHP/XML guestbook
- No database setup required, just upload the files!
- Songs have their own deeplink! This makes it possible to link from anywhere in the website (e.g. discography) directly to a song!
- Streaming MP3
- Click the album titles to go to the discography page
And there are so much more features and little animation, just find them out by yourself and download the file to play around with it and turn it into your personalized project!
Download package includes
- Separate Flash 8, CS3 and CS4 files for the main page and all separate template pages
- All Flash files thoroughly commented
- Extensive user manual to guide you through the process of personalizing the template
- The website exactly as presented in the demo with all necessary assets
Fonts used are Verdana and Designer Notes (public domain from dafont.com). Pictures and music from my nephew’s band.