The Random Quotes AS3 app is a great to show quotes or testimonials in a variety of ways. Choose between random display, or in order. It’s easy to adjust the timings and changing the quotes displayed by simply editing one XML file.
All text is HTML enabled, giving you the possibility to change font size, color and style without even touching the source files. Each line has the option to have a different delay for rotation, so longer lines can be exposed longer than others.
It remembers which quotes have already been used, and shows only those that haven’t been shown yet. Once all quotes have been used, it resets. This way, all quotes are certain to display.
Things you can change through the XML file:
- Rotation Style (Style of display order. Choose from “random”, ”order” and “one”)
- Rotation Delay (Time of showing a quote. Choose a number between 0-999)
- Rotation Speed (Time of transitioning. Choose a number between 0-999)
- Counter Show (Whether to show the counter at the top. Choose between “true”, “false”)
- Counter Animate (Whether to fade the counter along with the quotes. Choose between “true”, “false”)
- Author (Author of the quote)
- Text (The quote itself)
- Time (Extra option of the Rotation Delay, quote specific. Choose a number between 0-999)
Is there an option not in the list, but you would like it to be in there? Leave me a message, and I’ll see what I can do. Enjoy!