Simple Poll Builder is a swf application which can be included into any html or Flash site along or with other elements on the page. This application basically designed to make a simple voting.
- ready to use. You may upload the files to the server and get fully functional application right after purchasing the application (just use your own question and answers. Well, you may use present ones, if you want). Or you may want to include it into your own web page. If you want to change the appearance – use XML .
- it is resizable, you can easily set its size in html
- xml driven data
- adjust the appearance with 32 parameters in XML (CSS-like)
- one application can contain only one question for voting but with unlimited number of possible answers
- possible answers are managed as Radio Buttons, which means that only one answer can be choosen
- Submit button sends the results to server side script for processing (script is not included into the package). The results are: user id and answer id. The results are send with POST .
- the application contains the possibility to include user id and not to let the same user to vote twice
Features that can be customised in the data xml file:
- main question of the poll;
- list of possible answers;
- the title of the Poll which will appear on the header;
- the url to the server side script which will process the results;
- user id;
- alternative text which will be shown if the user has already voted;
- the text on submit button;
- the text which will appear after the user will click submit button.
Limitation: lable of the radio button is a single line text. That’s mean that long labels (which is wider than application) will result in horizontal scroll bar to appear.
How it works:
after the page is loaded, the application reads data from xml file and display the question and answers. To avoid blank clicking of Submit button, the button is disabled, until the user selects one of the answer. After the user clicks Submit button, user id and answer id are sent to the server. Then, some custom message may appear. If the user have alredy given his or her vote, the question and answers will not appear from the very beginning, but instead some custom message may be included. (the information whether the user have already voted should be included into data.xml. It can be done with some server-side script. Note, such server-side script is not included into the package)
NOTE ! This package does not include server side scripts. If you need the assistance with server side scripting please contact me on http://activeden.net/user/FLEXIncubator.
The package includes Adobe Flex Builder 3 source files as well as compiled swf file. Detailed description with examples is also included.
NOTE ! According to Flash security settings you may link only to that data file which is on the same domain as your flash application. If you need to get data from other domain you need to have cross-domain policy file on that domain (read more about Adobe cross-domain policy at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html).
Please, be so kind not to forget to rate the component.
Tags: Poll, voting, poll builder, simple poll builder, voting system builder, voting form, poll form, questionnaire, vote, poll form, vote form, Adobe, Flex, Flash, forum, community, voting form, vote form, test, interrogation, inquiry, voting, Adobe Flex Builder, Actionscript, mxml