Important Notice – Unity 3.5 Issues
We found a problem when upgrading to Unity 3.5 that causes the spawner configuration to be lost and changes not to be saved. We’re working on it and should have an update out this week (posted on 2/19/2012)
Now completely iOS compatible!
Spend more time designing and balancing, and less time trying to make things work! With the Dastardly Banana Spawn Controller, designing, configuring, and customizing the way objects spawn in your scene is easy. Create and manage waves of enemies with a simple, drag-and-drop interface right in the editor. Build a wide variety of spawn configurations without any scripting required – or use the built in scripting hooks to tailor the system to your project’s specific needs. Minimal setup required – start using it right away! Use in conjunction with the Dastardly Banana FPS package to easily create a whole game!
See it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfAgmojDDs4
July 27th: Version 1.0.2 fixes a logic error that could cause single spawns and infinite spawns to behave improperly.View the package Documentation Features:
- Powerful, simple in-editor system allows you to organize the way enemies spawn in your game and makes designing and building enemy encounters easy and painless.
- Highly organized system keeps your project from becoming messy, and makes editing anything a breeze
- Thorough and easy-to-read documentation (with tutorial) included
- Includes a demo scene for reference and to display example configurations
- Scripting not required – Work entirely in the editor, using intuitive drag-and-drop. Perfect for designers who want to design, not code – or for tweaking things on-the-fly
- High degree of automation – the system detects spawners as you create them, tracks the enemies you spawn and does almost all the set up itself
- Easily collect user data – how long did the player take to finish wave 3? How many enemies did they kill?
- Built-in support for scripting – the package includes scripts built for the user to edit, with hooks into every system event. Write powerful scripts without ever having to dive into the package code!
- Create encounters both simple and complex – customize the behavior of each spawner individually from a variety of parameters.
- Designed to be easy to integrate into a variety of projects
- Continued support through free updates