New Update: High Scores DataBase – october 27th, 2009.If you bought this file before this date, please download the file again.
- Fixed: The final score didn´t appear if the player lost the game
- New: Requested by many users, a PHP /MySQL High Score has been integrated with the Game.
INSTRUCTIONS & STORY FOR THIS GAME :
The Halloween Game has been developed by Fernando Velasquez. This flash file can be easily used as a game for a website or as an E-card. It can promote a product or service.
It’s Halloween and the Witch has decided to go outside to collect pumpkins to cook a delicious cake, but she will have to avoid many obstacles in her way! Let’s help her!
1- MOVE THE WITCH
- Use the keyboard to move the witch – left, right, up and down or W,A,S and D
- Use the mouse to move the cursor and to rotate the Witch. The Witch will follow the cursor which is used as a target
- Press the left mouse button to shoot to the arrows to the selected target – pumpkin, bat, ghost, demon, clock or thunder
2- GAME STATUS
- During the game you will be able to look at elements which tell you the current Status of the game.
- The lifes clip will tell you how many lives you have. At the beginning of the game you have 3 lifes. Each time an enemy hurts the Witch, a life is lost. If Witch is touched three times, the game is over. If you survived the level, you will recover the three lifes for the next level
- The level clip will tell you in which game level you are currently playing
- The score clip will tell you how many points you have earned while playing
- The timer clip will tell how many seconds are left before it reaches the zero. A clip named timer_almost_over will be activated when there are only 10 seconds left.
This clip changes the size and color of the time left. Basically this will tell the Witch to hurry up before the time is gone. Finally, if the timer is zero, the game is over
- The following_line is the distance between the miniwitch and the minipumpkin and it is shown at the bottom. If the miniWitch reaches the minipumpkin before the time is zero, then the Witch will play the next level or will win the game
- The spacebar will tell you that you can use the thunder power by pressing the spacebar
FEATURES FOR THIS GAME :
1.- This game may be resizable by modifying the fla file. This means the game may be adapted to different resolutions.
This game is originally created for a resolution of 775×500 pixels, but you can play it at a higher resolution by modifying the html code and the fla file.
I don´t recommend to play the game by using a resolution lower than 775×500 pixels since it becomes a difficult to play and sometimes unplayable. Of course you can modify and experiment into the flash file under your own risk. The game can be played over 1280×1024 but you must have a good CPU hardware and a good video-graphic card.
This game has been developed using AS2 and XML .
It mixes a part of motion tween based and a part of actionscript code to play.
Most of the sound effects are included into the Flash file. Those sounds are inside of the flash file. The sound files have been optimized, mixed and reduced in quality to be used for this game. Don´t ask for the original sounds. I can not provide the original sounds since the sound gallery stock I have, doesn´t allow me to do that. The main sound loops which are used in the game are property of FlashDen Asset Library.
The file runs at 30 FPS .
2.- The game is meant to be played by using the Keyboard and the mouse at the same time. You can move the Witch to the left or to the right by pressing the left and right keys or the “A” and “D”. It can go to the top and bottom by pressing the Up and Down Keys or “W” and “S”. You can rotate the Witch by moving the mouse and finally, you can throw balls of energy (arrows) to the appearing objects.
The Witch and the others elements react during the game with a sound or with a movieclip animation. For example, if the Witch is hurt by a demon it will flash a couple times, meaning that she has been hurt. The demon will scream when it has been killed. A thunder sound is played when activating the “Thunder Power”.
3.- There are different types of appearing objects and this also depends on the game Level:
Pumpkins – Catch as many pumpkins as you can. You can catch them by using the arrow, the Thunder Power or by touching with the Witch´s body. Each pumpkin will give you 2 points
Bats – Avoid to be touched by a bat. You can kill a bat using the arrow or the Thunder Power. Each demon killed gives you 3 points
Demons – Avoid to be touched by a demon. You can kill a demon using the arrow or the Thunder Power. Each demon killed gives you 5 points
Ghosts – Avoid to be touched by a ghost. You can kill a ghost using the arrow or the Thunder Power. Each ghost killed gives you 7 points
Clock – Catch the clock whenever you can. You can catch them by using the arrow, the Thunder Power or by touching with the Witch´s body. Each clock will increase the time in 10 seconds
Thunder – Catch the thunder whenever you can. This will let you use “The thunder power”.
The Thunder Power – is useful to kill all the enemies and catch elements in the game if they are visible on the Stage. To activate it, you must press the spacebar
4.- This game also lets you customize many things such as:
- Number of Levels
- The Countdown Timer for each level
- Number of Objects such as clocks, pumpkins, demons, bats, thunders,
- Properties of the Objects such as speed of each element, points assigned to them.
6.- This file has an extra customized elements such as witch preloader.
7.- Customizable E-card from the XML file without opening Flash
- The XML file is witch_text.xml. This file is used to set the path of the image and to load the text of the e-card. Your image can be a PNG , JPG or SWF file. The measures for it are 300×110 pixels.
The text displayed in the Flash is formatted in html.
8.- There are much more features inside the flash file that one can play with. Most of them are explained for your knowledge!
I hope you can find this file useful for your purposes. It took me several weeks to create this, so I hope you like it. Have Fun and Enjoy!