The Slide Strip XML Image Gallery
The Slide Strip XML Image Gallery is a creative way to view an array of images or SWFs. It is very flexible and dynamic and you can change the entire layout of it via the XML. The images can be any size you want and at of the stages, you can choose to have it panning when placed in the middle item or have it locked to the center. You can choose your own colors and sizes and spacing. You can also place in your description text which can also be HTML formatted. The images/SWFs once clicked and centered, they can link out to URLs that you specify in the XML.
The menu is XML driven and you can set the following things in the XML file:
– the background color
– the background color of the menu items
– the width of the menu items
– the height of the menu items
– the spacing between the menu items
– the width of the center item
– the height of the center item
– whether or not the panning is on for the center item
– the delay/movement speed for the panning
– the menu transition speed
– whether the tooltip is on or off
– the background color of the tooltip
– the background transparency of the tooltip
– the image/SWF path for each of the menu items
– the tooltip text for each of the menu items
– the description text for each of the menu items, which can also be HTML formatted
– the link for the menu item and the target for that link
So you can have as many images/SWFs as you want and they can be any size you want! Enjoy.
Some screenshots of The Slide Strip
AS3 only. Opens with Flash CS3.
Step by step instructions are included and code is commented. Also, two html files are included to demonstrate SWF embedding for both full browser and fixed size.