The Spine XML Product Viewer Image Gallery
July 31, 2009 FlashDen File of the Week
The Spine XML Image Gallery is an image based menu with lots of flexibility that is straight-forward and simple, but also fun and creative. It scales the menu image items on mouse over and you can also choose to have a tooltip. On click, the menu will open the full image with a smooth transition. Then you can click next and previous buttons to scroll through the images of the project. The full image will be displayed in the center of the stage with an optional description text.
The menu is XML driven and you can set the following things in the XML file:
– the background color
– the width of the menu items
– the height of the menu items
– the thickness of the border on mouse over of the menu items
– the amount of scaling on mouse over of the menu items
– whether the tooltip is on or off
– the background color of the tooltip
– the background transparency of the tooltip
– the image/SWF path for each of the menu items
– the masked image horizontal position of each of the menu items
– the masked image vertical position of each of the menu items
– the tooltip text for each of the menu items
– the description text for each of the menu items, which can also be HTML formatted
So you can have as many images/SWFs as you want and they can be any size you want! Enjoy.
Some screenshots/scenarios of the The Spine XML Image Gallery
AS3 only. Opens with Flash CS3.
Step by step instructions are included and code is commented. Also, two html files are included to demonstrate SWF embedding for both full browser and fixed size.