The Trailing Numbers Preloader provides a unique, fun way to preload your SWFs. As a progress bar moves across the screen, it shoots out the current percentage behind it, sending it twirling and fading into the distance. The preloader will automatically resize/reposition itself if the stage is resized or sent to fullscreen mode. This AS3 preloader is 100% code-driven, so there are no graphics you have to include. There are several settings provided to customize this preloader. You can try some of them out right now by clicking on the ‘settings’ bar in the demo above! The full list of settings is:
- bgColor – This is the base color used to create the background.
- barColor – The color of the bar and its circular lead tip
- txtColor – The color of the text
- txtSize – The base size of the text
- txtFont – This is the name of the font used for the text. The font you specify here needs to be embedded in your project to show up properly. A text field is provided in the preloader where you can change the embedded font.
- barThickness – The thickness/height of the bar (in pixels)
- showLead – A true/false value that controls whether or not to show the circular lead tip on the end of the bar
- showBar – A true/false value that controls whether or not to show the bar
- showBackground – A true/false value that controls whether or not to show the background behind the preloader.
- fadeOutAtEnd – A true/false value that controls whether or not the preloader fades out when it’s finished before moving to Frame 2.
These settings are on their own layer in the preloader’s MovieClip, making it quick and easy to change its appearance to suit your project’s needs.
Implementing the Trailing Numbers Preloader is simple. Just drop its MovieClip onto the first frame of your timeline, and begin your project on frame 2. The preloader does the rest! Step-by-step instructions on how to use and customize this preloader are included with your purchase.
The Trailing Numbers Preloader uses the freeware, TrueType font Alte Haas Grotesk. It’s available on dafont.com (www.dafont.com/alte-haas-grotesk.font). Instructions on how to use this font or any font you prefer in this preloader is included with your download.
Thank you and enjoy!
Update 31JUL09 – Quick update made so that text is not selectable