Unlimited XML Tree Menu
Nov. 21, 2009 FlashDen File of the Week
May 11, 2010 update – The file now comes with an extra file that initially loads the first SWF at the start.
The Unlimited XML Tree Menu is a tree menu controlled by XML in which you can have as many buttons and as many levels as you wish!
Main features of the Unlimited XML Tree Menu:
– Have as many buttons and as many levels as you wish!
– Control the color of the buttons globally or on each individual button
> For each button, you can control the text color, mouse over text color, arrow color and background color
– Globally control the width and height of the buttons
– Globally control the indent amount for a new level
– Globally control if the dotted lines are shown and what color they are
– Globally control the button’s initial background transparency and the mouse over transparency
– On mouse click of a button, you can either link out to a URL or load in a SWF
> When loading in a SWF , you specify the path and the X and Y position
AS3 only. Opens with Flash CS3 .
Step by step instructions are included and code is commented. Also, two html files are included to demonstrate SWF embedding for both full browser and fixed size.