Unlimited XML Tree Menu
Nov. 21, 2009 FlashDen File of the Week
May 11, 2010 update – The file now comes with an extra file that initially loads the first SWF at the start.
The Unlimited XML Tree Menu is a tree menu controlled by XML in which you can have as many buttons and as many levels as you wish!
Main features of the Unlimited XML Tree Menu:
– Have as many buttons and as many levels as you wish!
– Control the color of the buttons globally or on each individual button
> For each button, you can control the text color, mouse over text color, arrow color and background color
– Globally control the width and height of the buttons
– Globally control the indent amount for a new level
– Globally control if the dotted lines are shown and what color they are
– Globally control the button’s initial background transparency and the mouse over transparency
– On mouse click of a button, you can either link out to a URL or load in a SWF
> When loading in a SWF, you specify the path and the X and Y position
AS3 only. Opens with Flash CS3.
Step by step instructions are included and code is commented. Also, two html files are included to demonstrate SWF embedding for both full browser and fixed size.