This is a simple effect to animate any of your word. You can use it as an introduction to your movie by just adding a “Skip Intro” button if you want.
There are attributes you can control from the xml file. If you don’t put them via xml then the defaults given in the action script are used. You can also apply these attributes to a particular word to make it appear differently.
1. speed – speed of animation – greater the speed slower the animation
2. showdelay – delay to perform before showing each words
3. staycount – number of frames for which each word should stay
4. loop – whether the words should loop or not
5. width – fixed width of the space to be used for animating the words instead of using full stage width
6. height – same as width
7. textcolor – color of the text
8. gap – gap between the characters
9. rows – number of rows for water effect
10. cols – number of columns for water effect
11. effectstrength – strength of the water effect
12. textsize – text size
13. link – Link to open when the word is clicked.
14. target – Name of the target window or frame in which the link should open.
As soon as you change any of the above attributes, the animation gets adjusted accordingly.
There are two kinds of things.
1. You can animate a number of words together to make it appear like an introduction to your movie. For this, the words are loaded from an external xml file and the symbol name is “words”.
2. You can make any of your word appear with this effect by using the symbol “word” and giving it a word you want… wordmoviename.word = “FLASHDEN”; and also applying the settings too.
If you use the “words” symbol then the space for showing the words gets resized automatically as soon as you resize the Stage of the flash movie.
You can also try changing the font style in the “chartext” symbol.