OverviewThis word search puzzle game is one of the best of its kind. It allows you to create word search puzzles in hundreds of languages including Chinese, English, Spanish, German, Hebrew, Arabic, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Russian… Beyond that you can combine different languages in the same puzzle what means you can have a puzzle not only in one specific language, but a multi-language puzzle.The player can choose between two difficulties. “beginner” shows words only in two directions, “advanced” places words in all 8 directions. This component can be used in the classroom. It supports furthermore “reinforcement learning” by displaying a description related to a solved word. The component is Facebook ready.
The component is freely resizable and XML driven. A puzzle can be easily defined in a XML file. This XML file allows you to set
- the width and height of a puzzle
- the underlying alphabet
- an unlimited number of words
- the color for highlighting solutions
- if the text direction is right-to-left or left-to-right
- a time limit for solving the puzzle if desired
- if the player’s results should be stored in your database (it is saved to the database: player’s email, date of play, score, time, number of solved words, difficulty level, number of mouse clicks needed to solve the puzzle)
- the importance the time should have in the score
- if the game should be in “exam” or “regular” mode.
- you can set a filter to prohibit certain words to appear randomly in the puzzle (like curse words, offensive words…). An example list of English words is included.
- The width of the menu/list on the right side
- If you provide e.g. 20 words you can say that only 10 should be randomly selected and placed in the puzzle
- The search grid cell size can be set in the XML to control the density of the puzzle
- There is a MP3 music player integrated. This allows you to let play any set of MP3 music files during the game
- Added sound effects
- Background MP3 music player
- Made the component Facebook ready
- Menu/list width can be set in the XML
- FlashVars support
- if you provide e.g. 20 words you can say that only 10 should be randomly selected and placed
- Composite words are supported
- The search table cell size can be set in the XML to control the density of the puzzle
- Integrated an indicator if a player was cheating by measuring the number of mouse clicks needed to solve the puzzle
- You can optionally set a word filter so certain words don’t randomly appear in the puzzle (like curse words, offensive words…)
- Bugfix for Mac computers
- Integrated two levels of difficulty
- Included the sources for the preview
- Fixed a bug concerning the auto-solve function
- Added a PHP / MySQL backend.
- New “exam” mode
- It can be set a time limit now
- A score is calculated
- Solved an issue with right-to-left languages. All RTL languages function now correctly.
There is a PHP / MySQL back-end included to store the player’s results in a database. Composite words like ” SAN FRANCISCO ” are supported. FlashVars are supported to set the puzzle XML file location in the HTML file.
Everything is well documented, email support is included. Please rate this component. Enjoy!
CreditsThe sound effects used are from the Free Sound Project
All updates are free for buyers.