Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I add the receiving email address to the contact form?
Change “YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE ” in the mail.php file to the email address you want the emails from the contact form to be send to.
I want to deactivate the mp3 player completely, how can I do that?
Edit the music.xml config file in the xml folder and set “activated” to “false”. The player & button wont be loaded at all now.
I don’t like the clean white color scheme. How can I change it?
Almost any color you see:Starting with the options.xml:
- preloadercolor: color of the preloader bar
- bodybgcolor: color of the main template background
- menubgcolor: color of the menu background
- headerbgcolor: color of the header background
- footerbgcolor: color of the footer background
- utilidlecolor: “non-selected” color of the fullscreen and mp3 player button
- utilselectcolor: “selected” color of the fullscreen and mp3 player button
- idlecolor: color of the menu button text when not selected
- selectcolor: color of the menu button text when selected
- menuidlecolor: color of the menu button background when not selected
- menuhovercolor: color of the menu button background when selected
I want to have another image gallery/content page/etc… within the template. How to?
You can easily reuse all modules troughout the template by just using XML. Here is a quick guide on how to do it:
Lets say you want to add another text page with a banner rotator to the “Our Services” section.
1. First you need to copy a config xml file for this type of module. Go to the xml folder and make a copy of the contentpage.xml. Now rename it to any name (e.g. contentpage_aboutus.xml)
2. Configure the newly copied xml file like explained in the documentation for this module.
3. Open the menu.xml. Now we will specify where this xml file is used and where we want our new module. Find the <mainmenu> node with the headline “Our Services” and duplicate one of the <submenu> nodes including all parameters at the end (or in any position).
4. Now set the new headline for this menu entry (e.g. “About Us”). Where it says modulexml you need to put in the path to the xml file you created before (“xml/contentpage_aboutus.xml”). You may also choose to select a different background image for this module.
The whole process only took a few minutes and you now have extended the templates menu and content. This works for every module that comes with the template (see documentation for more info).
How can I create an HTML link within the template that links to another page of the template (Deeplinking)?
- 1. Setup your menu and module structure in any way you want
- 2. Manually open the page you want to target (click on the corresponding menu button)
- 3. Copy the Deeplink from your URL bar (e.g. ... index.html#/Our-Services-02-01/)
- 4. Set up an HTML link in a text area of the template (or slideshow link) using the deeplink you just copied. (e.g.:
<a href="index.html#/Our-Services-02-01/" target="_top">> READ MORE</a>)
Clicking the link will select the menu entry you specified and load the corresponding module. You can use the service teaser links on the welcome page as an example.
I bought the file after the 21.04.
How do I update from the 13.03 to the latest 21.04 version?
- 1. Add the swffit folder to your template folder
- 2. Add the updated websitecore.swf from the sourcefiles folder to your template folder (replacing the old one)
- Replace the index.html embedding file with the new one
Why are my social icons in the footer bar not showing online?
The “icons” folder might be reserved by your hosting company. Simply renaming the folder to e.g. “socialicons” and adjusting the icon paths in the options.xml will solve this problem.
How can I set the minimum template height and width?
In the index.html look for swffit. There are two values, the width and the height below which scrollbars will appear.
If you for instance increased the minimum header height you will also have to add a little to the swffit height value.
Some special characters are not working, or I don’t like the font used!
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Colaborate If you go to “character map” you can see which characters are supported by this font.
I included the most common european special characters (including accents) but in case a character is supported but not shown you can add it to the corresponding module in the source.
I added a step by step tutorial on how to make changes to the font in the template core and all modules for another template of mine. This also covers most of the modules in this template:
You might also want to read this helpful guide on flash special characters: http://blog.activeden.net/resources/common-questions-by-flashden-buyers/common-questions-using-special-characters-like/
Help, my logo get cut off!
headerminheight="50"In addition, you might have to increase the second value of the swffit setting in the index.html:
swffit.fit("flash",980,590);This will prevent your content from getting cut off on low resolutions and makes vertical browser scrollbars appear.