XML Interactive USA MapNO flash knowledge is required. This map is designed to be edited via a separate simple XML file which can be opened with many software including “Dreamweaver” or even ordinary “Notepad” as a simple text file.
There are two versions included:
1- Simple XML USA Map.
2- Advanced XML USA Map with XML info. box
Using the XML file you will be able to change the following:
- Background color.
- Background alpha (so you can make the background transparent).
- Color of lakes.
- Border color (which separate between the states).
- Gradient color (over the states).
- Shadow color (below the whole map).
- Abbreviations color (over the map).
Per state changes:
- you can enable/disable any state from the XML file simply using “true” or “false” ....btw If you disable any state you still be able to change its normal color “upcolor”.
- state name (you don’t need to change the names but you may want to use capital or small letters).
- upcolor: it is the normal color of this state.
- overcolor: it is the color of this state when the mouse rollover it.
- downcolor: it is the color of this state when pressed.
- For the simple map: url (you can change the url for each state from the xml file).
- For the simple map: target page i.e opens in the same web page “_self”..or open in a new page “_blank”.
- For the advanced map: you can change the content of the information box beside the map very simply using the XML file without opening the flash file…Also you can use simple HTML code to format the text, So you will be able to change the font’s color, size,and style…Also you will be able to add clickable website links or even emails.