This item is also included in the text pack
last update: 2008-07-14 – see Changelog
Pure actionscript 3.0 progressive light glow effect with xml based configuration.
Not only a text effect but can also work with any static content: logo’s, images, movieclips
You can use external xml file or pass config when creating the effect.
Use it “AS-IS” or embed it in your own project.
Works with both embedded or non embedded fonts, you can use any:
- color gradient
- glow (area, blur, intensity)
- transition duration
- text delay
- Autodetect embedded fonts and use them
- Include color gradients presets
- Include SWFS that you can use even without FLASH IDE at all
NotesIf you use uncommon fonts you should always embed them.
However, even with standard fonts, flash player 9 will have less quality (no antialias) you don’t embed.
Glow helps, but you will always notice the difference.
This issue is solved with flash player 10: as long as user has the font, there are no quality differences between embedded and non-embedded fonts
- New “noloop” global option: self destruct after last transition
- Now works also with static movieclips (logo, images, etc)
- handles hyperlinks