- All colors can be changed in the XML file (e.g.initial color, rollover color, selected color, map background color, stage outline color etc..)
- This map has a gradient mask effect on each state which will be applied whatever colors you choose in the xml file.
- Each state has its own url which can easily be changed in the XML file.
- Each state has its own tooltip with picture and text loaded trough XML . Easily change all text in the XML file and easily change the pictures in the picture folder for each state, no need to get into Flash!
- The tooltip’s x coordinate to the mouse cursor varies depending on where you are on the map, so the tooltip doesn’t get cut off by the movie itself. This also allows easier navigation on the right where the states are much smaller.
Updates:Update 1 [09/08/08]: Each state can now be enabled/disabled through the XML file, just switch states “ON” or “OFF”. In addition, you can also change the color of disabled states in the XML file.
Update 2 [19/01/09]: The outline issue has been fixed. The map is now fitted with the smart tooltip. This tooltip adapts to the mouse position so it’s never over a state and never gets cut off by the movie itself, using a smooth tween!
Update 3 [24/08/09]: A version of this map using Flashvars is available, so you can update the xml file path on the fly through the HTML page – If you want this version, email me through my profile after you bought the map and I’ll email it to you right away.