- xml based
- playlist with or without scroll bar (depending on the amount of tracks)
- volume control
- play / pause button
- preview track and next track buttons
- shuffle button (if pressed it will get a random video on change state)
- repeat button (if it is pressed the current track will repeat over and over)
- full screen mode (under the video screen you can see a full screen button)
- progress bar
- time (the current and total time)
There are 3 variables that you can embed in the html code:
- playlist = xml file name
- autoplay = true or false
- rollover_changing_thumbs = true or false (in case you want the thumbnails to change on roll over)
Here you have an example of the XML structure:
<title>The YouTube Video Name</title>
<details>A little description about the video</details>
If you load this player into another swf and then you want to unload it, just initiate (loader movie clip instance name).ytplayer.destroy(); before you unload the loaded swf player.
The most requested feature has been added to the YouTube API and now I implemented it into this player too: HQ/HD videos. Now you can suggest the video quality into the XML code (you can suggest small, medium, large, hd720 or default). Note that the video needs to be available on YouTube at the requested quality or else it will just play at the default quality. Another update is the volume code that sets a cookie and then it reads it if you view the player again (the player will remember the volume level from the previous visit).
I have updated the files, the new version of this player works with the ActionScript 3 API . The old ActionScript 2 player is included too.
A few days ago YouTube has made some changes to the API . I changed the code for this player and the player is working fine now. Please download the updated files if you have any problems.
ActionScript 3 player update. Fixed the scrub bar bug.
Made some updates to improve the overall performance of the video player.